What excites you about spring arriving?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr Morris777

Mar 2, 2019
Westland
I cannot wait too!!
flowers, bees, edibles, sunlight!, nice temperatures, birds active and whisteling, nice bugs crawling around, live in abudance all around
great to help nature too!
If one does not spray fungi/insecti cide or removes the stones out of the garden, just see :) buschraft in all aspect of live
The plums are already in bloom! so is the almond, beautifully pink (no bees yet due to rain and wind)

Reactions: Woody girl

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Shifted to unlined blue jeans yesterday. Didn't need a Carhartt coat and lined gloves.
Several of our hibernating species of butterflies were out and about.
Sat in the Suburban in the sunshine and didn't drive anywhere for 15 minutes.
The last of my winter bread crust for the Ravens will get tossed into the street today.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Best thing about spring for me is that it is getting better/safer to ride my bicycle when there is no more ice on the roads.

Tony Morel

Apr 30, 2018
Birmingham
Still being light when I get into the wood after work.
Still not there yet, by the time the padlocks are undone and driven up to the ride stop it’s still headtorch time, but it won’t be long now :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, the extra light each day is really noticeable now, along with the extra couple of degrees in temperature. We have a family garden work afternoon today, one because it needs it and two so that the kids see the difference that the seasons make on growing cycles etc

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that some CBD products can result in a positive urine drug test for THC.

If it does then that’s not a test for Cannabidiol, that’s a test for Tetrahydrocannabinol. As there’s no THC in CBD, the test is wrong.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
My back lawn has had its first haircut. The washing is outside instead of clogging up the bathroom and radiator. Lunch in the garden. The raised beds are cleared of weeds and ready for planting. The potatoes are in and first leaves showing ready for another top up of soil.
My rucksack is packed ready for this weekend and the first adventure of the year trying my new mat and coastal foraging.
Spring is realy here at last. Happy happy bunny here!

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Up and out whilst still dark this morning. Beautiful clear sky once the sun came out. Deafening chorus from the many busy birds. Spent an hour gathering sticks in the company of a woodpecker. Looks like it's going to be a good day.

Reactions: Toddy

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Definitely not the Chiffchaffs :( - I love all wildlife but the Chiffchaffs are back and their constant 'chiffchaff chiffchaff chiff chiff chiffchaff' song gets a little irritating!

OK, it only bothers me when I am concentrating on admin - finances and stuff - maybe I should just stop doing that :)

Ascobis

Forager
Nov 3, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
There's is a bit of doggerel that I've seen attributed to Great Britain's past. One version might be:
"The first of May, the first of May. Outdoor foraging starts today."

I'm curious if the other version is a real historical quote.

Read either way, that's what excites me about spring.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE