What excites you about spring arriving?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
The bluebells are out and Jack by the hedge is in flower. Wood anenomies are out in full bloom garlic flowers are beginning to show despite today's top temp of 5 degrees here. With wind chill it was barely above freezing. When are we going to get that nice warm sun I remember as a kid having my tea in the garden in t shirt and shorts underneath the cherry blossom.? Too too cold this year. Still grabbing my down jacket to go out to get the milk. Brrrr! I want my sunshine back!!!!!!!!!!:(

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Saw my first solitary celandine flower and a primrose in bud yesterday.
Snowdrops poking their noses up, and tiny buds on some pussy willow.
Seems that spring is almost here....in January.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Yeah, despite the cold snap, it does feel like Spring is coming early.
A couple of weeks ago I saw several clumps of daffodils in bloom!

What excites me about Spring?
The wildlife popping back up and making itself known.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Spring's a long way off here. It's -20c but very sunny. Spring's not til April (if we're lucky) What I like most is the prospect, the anticipation of mid-Spring. Coolish, sunny weather with sculptural, dazzling couds, a light breeze and Hawthorn in full bloom. Brogues and brandy kind of weather.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Getting the KTMs out again after their winter sleep. My motorcycling these days is pleasure only, but I do get a bit crotchety when I can’t get out for a ride. So I’m probably not in the best frame of mind o_Oo_O

Reactions: Broch

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its warmer in my house for me having a clearout.

(Probably a physical impossibility but I am trying).

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
More daylight.
More camping.
More wildlife.
Less looking forward to that in between time when even for a short walk, you need to consider the inevitable layer carrying.

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
Spring seems like it’s still a couple of months off yet, we sometimes get a warm spell in march followed by another cold snap but what I’m looking forward to in Spring are some friends from another forum turning up to camp for a few days, drink cider and eat rabbit stew with bannock. Sitting by the fire bulls***ing after practicing skills or learning something new.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
This thread starting is Spring starting in my book :biggrin2:

I believe some winters are so much longer than others and it can feel like an absolute fingernail claw to see greener times once again.
May not be the milder weather or the lighter nights we crave, may just be a glimpse at some less testing times, if not just for a while before we get our guard up a again and start rolling with the blows.

I`m gonna call it spring starting and go from there. Happy spring all. :burnout:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE