What Do You Use Every Day

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Since I've moved jobs and became a gardener, I have used my Laplander nearly every day, too the point that I got a pouch for it so it now lives on my belt.

Any one els use there kit on a daily basis in a non bush crafty way??

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
Yep. Gardener aswell. Allthough i don't use a lapplander, i use Felco's adjecent foldingsaw aswell as felcos fixedblade saw.
I have tryed taking my Felco scissors (Felco 2) out bushcrafting aswell. Kind of made me wan't to leave my saw at home :D

Well. Apart from that, my climbing gear i use at work aswell as in my sparetime, my knowledge of plants goes both ways.
My clothing are used both places, except for my boots, as my workboots have kevlarinlays everywhere.
Heck. I even bring my trangia-set to work for brewing cofee and heating okulation-wax on it.

Pantalaimon

Forager
May 19, 2008
Utrecht, Netherlands
After a couple of very cold nights in the woods I bought an Icebreaker legging/long johns . Now, being a assistant surveyor for a small year, I use them also not in the woods.
I see it as a luxury :p

I would love it to use my knife for work, but it's unnecessary ;)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Probably the kit I use most often is my Flint and Steel.

It makes up part of my Viking presentation so it's used on at least 60% of my working days.

Other than that it would be my barrel knife, which is almost always in my pocket, and gets used for all sorts of things.

mortalmerlin

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Belgium (ex-pat)
I work in electronics so use my pocket knife every day for all sorts from wire stripping to opening boxes. My lighter every morning to light our fire and the laplander lives close to the fire as well. Then my head light every night to lock the factory up.

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
My leatherman lives on my belt and is used daily. I sell and install office furniture so it either opens boxes or screws joints when the tool box is too far away.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I work in an office but I still manage to use my Spiderco Cricket everyday, although some days I would like to use a Ka-bar;)

Since I've moved jobs and became a gardener, I have used my Laplander nearly every day, too the point that I got a pouch for it so it now lives on my belt.

Any one els use there kit on a daily basis in a non bush crafty way??

One of my smaller sheath knives with a magnesium firestarter stays on my carpenters tool belt..., it's a tough knife so I use it for a lot of things.

galew

Tenderfoot
I don't use anything every day, but it is in my pocket when I need it. I have a butterfly knife that I have carried for over 25 years, a small folder that I use the clip as a money clip, a leatherman micro (the one with the scissors instead of pliers) use it most cutting wire, threads, etc. and the tweezers. I also have a p38 on my key ring, you would be surprised how often someone asks if anyone has a can opener.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I was about to say how an earth do you get away with carrying all that, then I noticed your location. In the UK if your so much as carrying a sharpened toothpick in a public place you run the risk of being arrested. :cop: :confused:

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
I just bought a Fenix L2D to use as a bicycle light now the days are shorter.

I go by bicycle to work, 10-13 km each direction every day (depending on what roads are open), so different outdoor gear gets put to good use. Boots, long johns, ponchos, wellingtons and so on, depending on the weather.

Also I always carry a SAK and also a small flashlight with my keys.

I heat my home with wood. So I use my axes to make splints to light up the fire for the central heating. I also use my axes when I prepare the firewood, but thats just a few days every year. And of course, by the indoor fireplaces, there are double handled moras to make it easier (and safer) to make splints and light up there as well. When it's cold, or I have guests, they are used quite often, together with a really cute small axe I picked up at a second hand sale.

081019Morakniv-Woodsplitter-220-w(9).jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Leatherman Wave (original) and a Whitby carbon steel sub 3" edge slip joint pocket knife (£3.95). Ventile jacket - basically all my bushy kit except the bigger sharps if I go to town!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE