What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I'm going to make something a bit more weather proof than the otherwise perfectly adequate mask they sell, probably with a tunnel on the back to go on a belt or compression strap on my 'ruck.

I'll do a thread in the appropriate section.

ATB

Tom

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Nothing as exciting as some of you guys, but we bought another collapsible silicone bowl for our Doggo. They're small, light and take up no room at all and with the current heat they're so handy to have.

Both have carabiners on them, so easy to just clip onto/into bag. Had one attached to my Saracen and attached the new one to my "school bag" rucksack thing.

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Nothing as exciting as some of you guys, but we bought another collapsible silicone bowl for our Doggo. They're small, light and take up no room at all and with the current heat they're so handy to have.

Both have carabiners on them, so easy to just clip onto/into bag. Had one attached to my Saracen and attached the new one to my "school bag" rucksack thing.
I bought a couple of them. Then a couple more, because not only are they great dog bowls, they’re perfect shades for battery lanterns. :)

5451D1FC-432E-49CD-8A7C-022FB0AB5D94.jpeg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
What a very clever idea!!

Are they somewhat see through? We have a red one and a black one, neither are see through at all.
The white ones are a bit like the old lamp glass shades, opaque. Another bonus is the folding allows different types of shade adjustment, from sideways or above. The BLF lanterns can run pretty bright on full output, the dog bowls are brilliant. Plus you get the little carabiner to hang your lamp too.

0070A164-45C9-429D-8E03-BF3E777BFC45.jpegA4C3464D-5E6F-4F3D-9E51-DBDEE7A94857.jpeg

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I was so impressed with how sharp the wood Tools carving axe was on arrival ( yes my left arm is now bald ) that I bit the bullet and herself orderd me 2.5 metre rolls of the adhesive backed 800, 1200 and 2500 grit Hermes wet and dry to mount sections on MDF to keep the thing sharp. Should be here in a couple of days.

ATB

Tom

Reactions: bobnewboy

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Just blown the last of my birthday money on a set of 5 x 14cm Permagrit needle files and herself topped this up and added a dedicated tool roll and 3mm collet handle to the order.

I've found the chunkier 18cm versions the absolute best thing for shaping the holes for stick tangs after a pilot hole has been drilled but they are too wide to do the holes for smaller knives and chisels . I've a set of the 14cm rifflers which can do the first inch or so but then the bend stops it going in further. I have ground down the back of a padsaw blade which sort of works but it is very flexible and fiddly to use.

That will be all the new toys for me for a while!

Atb

Tom

Reactions: nigelp

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Actually I was wrong, herself must have seen me umming and arghing over the 0.5 and 2mm Rotrings 600s and both have now arrived. The 2mm will be mycarryjng around one and the 0.5 with the more easily damaged and stabby point will be staying the workshop. Slightly annoyingly the Condor pouch I wanted to carry the 2mm in is just too short for it. No offers to take it off my hands, I'll live with it.

Atb

Tom

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
My arrows for my new bow finaly arrived today.
At last I can go and play with pointy sticks...except its raining, and my home made cardboard target will get soggy, so still more waiting.
Oh well, a few more hours won't matter I guess. Butt, its frustrating! (Pun intended)

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
I bought the Flexistove. It arrived yesterday to Finland and I payed required tax fee and now it is on it´s way to me through the finnish mail.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I bought the Flexistove. It arrived yesterday to Finland and I payed required tax fee and now it is on it´s way to me through the finnish mail.
This:

Or this:

I hadn’t heard of either but have an interest in flat pack multifuel stoves since getting involved a little bit with Emberlit a few years ago and getting some imported for a group buy. The one in the first link seems totally useless for anything other than food or drink that tastes like hexi blocks and has to be cooked in an army mess tin, the other one looks like a decent and versatile system.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
The one from mre-empire.
Don´t know if I have much use for it but it doesn´t cost much (even with tax included) so it´s a fun thing to try since I have a couple of surplus mugs from Dutch army.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I need to be able to reach down 1"-2" and smooth the bottoms of deep recesses in wood carvings. Just squandered $54.50 for an E2 blade from Jamie Sharp.
The design has a 90 degree bent tip so I can reach down and carve left/right.

Jamie's blades arrive kind of so-so sharp. You ought to know what you are doing to tune one up by the time you order anything from him. I'm quite happy to put my bevel at my edge on his blades.

Now I have to find some wood I like and carve a handle to fit my hands.
https://www.jamie-sharp.com/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE