What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Another order went to the bushcraft store by phone today.
A reel of bank line
A kupilka plate to go with my kupilka cup and kfs set
A haversack.
Hope to have them in a few days time as I have a plan to get out in the woods this weekend for a brew, and bacon and eggs, and some much needed woods tv. Haven't been out since lockdown mk2 started. Just lost the mojo. Hopefully new kit will give me a jog in the right direction, as I'll want to try it out!

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
What type of umbrella is that?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Yes, it's a Blunt Metro. I have a couple of their brollies in different sizes, and they are the only ones that don't break. There is a bit of give in the way they are constructed. Also, whilst it is a collapsible brolly, it doesn't pack down as small as others, and is a bit heavier. Just so as you know in case you want to pursue.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Yes, it's a Blunt Metro. I have a couple of their brollies in different sizes, and they are the only ones that don't break. There is a bit of give in the way they are constructed. Also, whilst it is a collapsible brolly, it doesn't pack down as small as others, and is a bit heavier. Just so as you know in case you want to pursue.
Thank you for the review. I did consider one but they're a tad pricy for me. Although the country gent in me does rather enjoy an umbrella..... I did find a beautiful waxed cotton cane umbrella in a charity shop last year and it really goes well with my Barbour!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nice65

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Two Brusso Stop Hinges from Classic Hand Tools.
Spent two days fettling and fitting butt hinges from Screwfix in three keepsake size boxes, only to realise that I needed a hinge stop / hinge stay and it was going to be a royal pain doing it and the style of box didn't suit many options.
Gran always said the Half Guinea never caught the Guinea.
Now need to spend the rest of the day plugging screw holes and re-cutting slightly larger and deeper mortises in the two best boxes, and figuring out stays for the other three that I have made. :banghead2:

Also just had two Lion Steel knives arrive, a B35 Olive and a B42 Orange thanks to Heinnie. I am not happy with my weakness! I have dipped into next month's budget :(
I was most impressed with Lion Steel when I handled their M4 and B40 18 months ago. I am now designing a knife that is very similar in size and concept to the B35 and I really wanted to have a look at the competition. Also, having reviewed the Benchmade Puukko and commented on price/value I thought I needed to look at the Lion Steels up close to see how they stack up in use.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
A Silky Bigboy 2000....my poor ol Bahco Laplander just ain't cutting it as good these days, and I thought I'd treat myself to a Christmas upgrade
599c9496d21ef5999af66c1ef229c764.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Perfect replacement for the pair I lost and Cotswold had them listed at the wrong price which they honoured so got a bargain!!

f4e09c6053dd2aef7a6f1d87f03c7ca6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Odered some Zebralights just now and, in the process, discovered that they won't be shipping outside the US after the end of the year.

Don't know if this means they are part of the Only America movement, or if they will be getting their distribution done by dropshipping franchisees. Anyway, I am hoping for a brilliantly lit Yule.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE