What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Nothing gets glass fibre out of a fleece, they are gonna if that happens. I speak from experience! Tyveck overalls are great for keeping the fibres out and cheap enough to replace if need be.

Reactions: Billy-o

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Isn't that 3m tyvek? We had them. One thing about them, most of our industrial suppliers of such products are out of stock or charging a lot. Apparently there's been a demand on impervious, protective suits for some reason, something about a pandemic!! :) ;)

Making do with clothes just there.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Nothing gets glass fibre out of a fleece, they are gonna if that happens. I speak from experience! Tyveck overalls are great for keeping the fibres out and cheap enough to replace if need be.
It does depend on the properties of the glass and other man made fibres. IME, and I've worked with MMVF for 20+ years is that not all fibres are as retentive as the particular glass fibres I've been working with. They're a lot more persistent than normal glass fibres. I suspect that's due to fibre diameter involved. Also the trick is to remove surface fibres before they work into clothes then wash. I didn't which pretty much made this fleece trash!!

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Ordered a 12cm Billy can pouch from David Friars today. Already have a trangia folding handle frying pan cover from David which is a great piece of kit. Free postage on the pouch.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I suspect that's due to fibre diameter
What kind of fiber is involved? "Clean" reinforcing fibers can often be vacumed but not emulsion coted or insulating ones. I was taught 40 years ago that work clothes with reinforcing fibers are just that, not to be used for anything else.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Yes, I do keep work clothes separate. We all do. Fibres can get everywhere and even the tyvek suits don't stop it. Tight cuffs really aren't great for fibres due to irritation but without them and even with them fibres still get in.

bushycrafter

Oct 23, 2020
devon
My recent aquisition - a TBS Timberwolf mk2 with a ferro rod and sharpening stone. Its a beautiful knife thats wickedly sharp. I've 1k grit wet sanded several layers of Osmo oil into the scales to make it glassy smooth and to help it stand up to the riggors of a Welsh winter. Well happy with it.

would be interested to know if you have been using it much lately? just about to put it on my wish list. any good?

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Blunt-Metro-forest-under_4922dde0-35e6-4468-8c95-abc9ac4a1f50_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: Toddy and Robbi

Grallocher

May 14, 2010
Scotland
I picked up "Survival Advantage" by Andy Lane for the princely sum of £5.95, arrived in post yesterday

Quite the bargain!!. Having know of the book for a long time but never owning one, my head is now buried in it.

Definitely one of the top Survival type books out there in my opinion

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE