What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Snap Tim picked up a mint 201k today which I purchased from Ebay. When I collected it the seller said do you want another machine I have which is not working. :) A BOGOF it was a seized 1937 201k with battered paint, on getting it home and having removed lots of thread from strange places it is already starting to show signs of movement. Have applied some sewing machine oil and we see what happens after a nights soak
I just bought a spinosaurus tooth and a 1940s singer 201k :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Snap Tim picked up a mint 201k today which I purchased from Ebay. When I collected it the seller said do you want another machine I have which is not working. :) A BOGOF it was a seized 1937 201k with battered paint, on getting it home and having removed lots of thread from strange places it is already starting to show signs of movement. Have applied some sewing machine oil and we see what happens after a nights soak
I'm hoping mine is mint, I paid £75. There was cheaper but none I could pick up locally. This one is on the way home from holiday. Blame Sonni.

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
My Ebay purchase was Buy it now £60 or best offer and 20 mile away it had really good photos looked to good to loose by making offer so hit buy it now £60. Did not expect to come home with two mind you the free one needs lots of tlc.
Still got along way to go to catch up with Sonni
Felt a lot more confident in what I was buying after Sonni's talk
I'm hoping mine is mint, I paid £75. There was cheaper but none I could pick up locally. This one is on the way home from holiday. Blame Sonni.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
My Ebay purchase was Buy it now £60 or best offer and 20 mile away it had really good photos looked to good to loose by making offer so hit buy it now £60. Did not expect to come home with two mind you the free one needs lots of tlc.
Still got along way to go to catch up with Sonni
Felt a lot more confident in what I was buying after Sonni's talk
Yeah... My wife's 99 was sent back to her mum and the new "modern" one has taken pride of place. Wife said she was happy to have the 201k in the house as long as it didn't have a whole cupboard attached like the modern one or the 99. At least with the other about I've got a lot of workspace available.

Just bought some oil.

Hope its a good one!

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
Stevie777, I am lucky to even get on the internet. Spent to much time in the bush, not enough in school. So no pictures, sorry.

4freek

Jul 15, 2015
Canada
Fri Opinel #7 & #8
Sat- Singer 1958 99K-31
Today MSR alpine 2 pot set. Ah, new pots,

Was going through Mom's old stuff and came across 4 100% wool blankets. One of them is a nice grey color Hudson's Bay,
The bad news is one of the blankets is pink. Not a fan of pink. Maybe a touch of dye might fix that.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
A No. 12 stove ~ aka 'Yet another stove!'.

And at £50 I almost came away with a spare set of hands too ;) :D

Should do well as our travelling/weekender stove :approve:

Last edited:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
"Summit" gaiters for £5 from Charlie's garden centre Carmarthen and a Coleman gas cannister for the wife who's commandeered my multi-fuel stove for culinary experiments in the kitchen.
I was after a big camo tarp from them as well but on the way there found the remains of a 4 person tent hanging out of a bin at the railway station, so had the groundsheet away from that instead.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
"Summit" gaiters for £5 from Charlie's garden centre Carmarthen and a Coleman gas cannister for the wife who's commandeered my multi-fuel stove for culinary experiments in the kitchen.
I was after a big camo tarp from them as well but on the way there found the remains of a 4 person tent hanging out of a bin at the railway station, so had the groundsheet away from that instead.

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
Finally pulled the pin on a TBS Boar EDC in Turkish walnut scales. I've been after one for ages but kept putting it off. Couldn't be more pleased with it ��

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE