What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not quite today but I recently bought a Didrikson insulated shell jacket for my 2 year old boy. It's a nice sober blue colour with retro reflective rectangles across the back and outside of the upper sleeve. It has a snow skirt with a zip under it to accept the separate trousers to match it (yet to get them). It was a great price and one of those well designed pieces of clothing that gets you wishing they did an adult's version. Especially since it has a hood design that would not look out of place on an adult's jacket. Pretty boring eh? Well it's been at least 2 years since I bought kit for myself.

Last edited:

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
My obsession with all things swiss continues! This is what I call retro :D

7a7b0b09482e6f4ec9b81c397904c1e2.jpg
33cbbca68a62eda81bf48497cdc4a932.jpg

Mixed with something a bit newer from OneGreenBottle lol

50adcbc816e8102cc8b21aaf5d5173e6.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Ordered a new SAK Huntsman @ dark o'clock last night, to replace one my father gave me many, many years ago and I lost a while back; went with HH and opted for standard free delivery, and it arrived today :)

You just can't fault that company, they always get it right.................

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
andyxedos, what decade are they from? I like the leather straps et al apart from the plasticy looking bottle cover....p.s did you get any of that stuff from that link I put up for swiss stuff?

Today I bought (from a v wet and dull Keswick) a roll mat to cut up for a seat, a web sling for making an abseling harness, a pot holder thingymabob for the storm kettle and a ruff neck warmer thingymabob for the whippet. I did spy a few paraffin stoves but for double what they are worth from an antiques shop so didn't bother.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
35 litres of vinyl nastiness. Houses a 32' Irvin 'chute as if it were intended and the water resistant, completely unpadded, rectangular block should make for more easy transport.

Did the Czech authorities go through a phase of purposely punishing their troops?

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
I got a london bridge trading 3 day light pack code numder LBT 2595D in multicam, brand new virtually. An 85 pattern mug with the plastic lip included, and 2 GREEN british army canteens pre - osprey type dated early 1960s.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I got my hands on an Optimus 8R, that I will test during this weekend.
I also got the FireMaple FMS 116 from China (AliExpress @ $18). It generates 3500W and weighs in at 70 grams.
Unboxed it and fired it up. It seems to work fine, but that is indoors. If it works in moderate winds, it appears to be great value for the money.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I got my hands on an Optimus 8R, that I will test during this weekend.:dancer:

I also got the FireMaple FMS 116 from China (AliExpress @ $18). It generates 3500W and weighs in at 70 grams.
FMS116_zpse39a5b9d.jpg

Unboxed it and fired it up. It seems to work fine, but that is indoors. If it works in moderate winds, it appears to be great value for the money.

Cheers,
Greger

dragon32

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2014
Banbury, Oxfordshire
My son found me a similar cooker to the fire maple in a charity shop in Banbury for the princely sum of 50p. Just got to get a tank of gas tomorrow and see if it was money well spent:D
don

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
arctic tent
20 pegs for said tent
3 large lumps of bee's wax
a light green (a la balcks scout tent colour) that doubles as a stretcher and a field crafted camp bed
x 2 MT form pouches (nostalgia reasons)...

should have looked for snow chains aswell but had to get back for hounds.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE