What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Bamboo underwear (Sweater & longjohns)....feels like what I imagine silk feels like. So so nice....but performance-wise and compared to a woolen outfit, I really have no clue yet (just walking about in them indoors, and the kids wonder why I am not wearing any clothes.....I sure thought that they were able to spot the obvious super hero, but no...their upbringing needs a bit of seeing to :))

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Bought a couple of days ago but received today...

2 tenthwonder ultralight hammocks, as I'm sick of my kids kicking me out of mine when I put it up. Also I can have one permanently setup on my homemade stand:).

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I got myself a "Salt and pepper" Swiss army rucksack. Seems in good condition as well.

Any ideas on if, and how, I can treat the canvas? (don't want to waterproof it, just keep it nice and supple)

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Would be intrested in a review of them.. last one I got from eBay was sucky.

I think it's pot luck really on the build quality front. I have 5 of them dotted around the place, rucksack, car, house etc, and they are all running eneloops. With the 3.7v in them instead of the 1.5v AA battery they are cracking little things.

Jan 28, 2015
Southampton
Received this week a Mora Robust and two pocket-size books from Collins Gem: Knots and Food for Free.
mora1_smaller-e1422999816409.jpg

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Postie brought a lump of 01 carbon steel, some brass rod and stainless steel tube, managed to get tomorrow off so will try and get into workshop and make a start on my first knife.

dragon32

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2014
Banbury, Oxfordshire
Although not shiney ,picked up today from Freecycle, two large rucksacks. One Karrimoor Cougar and one Berghaus of unknown model. Both in excellent condition. I also got three pairs of walking trousers from the same place. I will be going to collect two paddles for my pirogue tommorrow. You gotta love freecycle.

Don

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
A cuben cooking pot stuff sack, for my MSR titan kettle, from zpacks.com arrived today, totally satisfied with their service and will likely be ordering more bits in the future.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Them plunge saws rock I'll be getting one in the not so distant future.how come yer didn't get the fes tool jigsaw too

Too much money for a very slight gain. Most of the things I need a jigsaw for are kind of rough work anyway. Cutting holes in pipe boxes and so on.
I can see where all the extra money goes on the plunge saw but not so much with the jigsaws and cordless drill drivers.
My existing Bosch jigsaw has got to the point (after owning it since 1999) where it wont let its blades go and its on its way out. Its never been capable of cutting a straight line since I bought it either. Blade has always meandered about like a flatland river.

Plus, I just don't have enough cash for the Festool Jigsaw and I also need to replace my PLS laser level which has given up the ghost after a long life.
Looking at the uprated version which is the PLS 180, that works with the detector I already have for distances where the beam isn't visible.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Too much money for a very slight gain. Most of the things I need a jigsaw for are kind of rough work anyway. Cutting holes in pipe boxes and so on.
I can see where all the extra money goes on the plunge saw but not so much with the jigsaws and cordless drill drivers.
My existing Bosch jigsaw has got to the point (after owning it since 1999) where it wont let its blades go and its on its way out. Its never been capable of cutting a straight line since I bought it either. Blade has always meandered about like a flatland river.

Plus, I just don't have enough cash for the Festool Jigsaw and I also need to replace my PLS laser level which has given up the ghost after a long life.
Looking at the uprated version which is the PLS 180, that works with the detector I already have for distances where the beam isn't visible.

I've been steadily replacing my power tools recently too. forked out a good chunk of cAsh on a nice dewalt chopsaw n jigsaw.i did go for the cheaper end laser level though n got a makita n have too say for my needs(studding,noggins,stairwells)it's impressed.i got it cheap,cheap too as their was a sale on.was only 85 quid.
http://www.angliatoolcentre.co.uk/m...id40379.html?gclid=CP3Pq7O02MMCFVDHtAodDGoAfw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I've been steadily replacing my power tools recently too. forked out a good chunk of cAsh on a nice dewalt chopsaw n jigsaw.i did go for the cheaper end laser level though n got a makita n have too say for my needs(studding,noggins,stairwells)it's impressed.i got it cheap,cheap too as their was a sale on.was only 85 quid.
http://www.angliatoolcentre.co.uk/m...id40379.html?gclid=CP3Pq7O02MMCFVDHtAodDGoAfw

Put it this way, any money I spend on tools, I've saved by not spending it on my van... Its a shed.

I work as a subbie and as the main quiet time for me is after crimbo I always wait til then to put my tax return in.
Usually I have overpaid my tax each year so I get some back which usually goes on the mortgage during that quiet period. This year I have had good work as soon as crimbo was over so I could spend some of that overpayment on tools.

If I worked for private customers (spit) I would have to have a tidier van because they have expectations about how neat a vehicle they want parked outside their home. For some reason they seem slightly more bothered about what next door thinks than how good the job is. However as a subbie I couldn't care less about the patchy van as long as I do a tidy job.

Posh tools, 800 quid van.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Put it this way, any money I spend on tools, I've saved by not spending it on my van... Its a shed.

I work as a subbie and as the main quiet time for me is after crimbo I always wait til then to put my tax return in.
Usually I have overpaid my tax each year so I get some back which usually goes on the mortgage during that quiet period. This year I have had good work as soon as crimbo was over so I could spend some of that overpayment on tools.

If I worked for private customers (spit) I would have to have a tidier van because they have expectations about how neat a vehicle they want parked outside their home. For some reason they seem slightly more bothered about what next door thinks than how good the job is. However as a subbie I couldn't care less about the patchy van as long as I do a tidy job.

Posh tools, 800 quid van.

I'm a subbie joiner too but I mix my work between sites n private .I prefer the private work tbh. most building sites are miserable places these days with all the health n safety..yer can't crack a fart without someone sticking a confined space risk assessment under yer nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE