What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Just ordered me a new boonie hat after I misplaced my old issue one, been tryinf to find in big enough for months now.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
This.

imagejpg1_zps960a0b4f.jpg

Saw it for grabs here at BCUK last night and figured what the hell

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Two new toys to play with today!

Buffalo wind shirt off robevs73 (thanks Rob!). Great price for a cracking Pertex windproof. Arrived yesterday and used today by the mrs when we finished playing with my other purchase.

Mobile Adventure Symphony 16ft canoe from White Water Consultants in Carmarthen. £500 for a 6mth old ex rental in good condition through their ebay store. Picked it up earlier today along with a couple of new PFDs and paddles (all on offer or discount as we bought them with the boat). Straight down to the sheltered harbour in Port Talbot to try it out, where we learned a valuable lesson.

Boarding the boat while trying to break through some breaking waves is HARD! It took four attempts in front of some very amused locals before we finally made it out from the beach. When we got out there the boat was fun. Quite a flat bottom meant the slightest crosswind was a challenge but on the whole she handled well. The real surprise was how easy she was to handle solo! Turned on a dime and easy to build up some speed.

Loads of fun and I'm looking forward to taking it out on a few local rivers :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
A brand spanking new R M Williams shirt in a very acceptable check; £4.99 in a local charity shop; Very good score! :)

dixienormns

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2011
meadowview Va. usa
1000' woodland camo para cord for making hammocks
Hemostats ,6 1/2' straight tip.to go with my med supplies in my b o bag
crkt EDC (Every Day Carry) - 4" closed. AUS-4 stainless partially serrated tanto blade CR10Z for extra knife in bug out bag

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well I didn't buy it today but it was the first chance to use my stonking new MTP GSR bag that I bought from Midnighthound of this parish for very little money.

Bought it mainly to house my big Carl Zeiss Jena 8x50 binoculars that I usually don't carry due to their weight. But after seeing a pair going for £550 that are the same age (over 25 years old) I thought I shouldn't be wasting them leaving them behind all the time.

Bag has some great loadout options and I particularly liked the steadying strap on the bottom that can go 'round the thigh as it meant that the bag stayed but despite the weight and didn't bang into my walking sticks. As well as the bins it had some grub, a litre of water, fire lighting kit and a few other odds and sods but was nowhere near at capacity. The two removable external pockets are handy for keeping stuff I wanted to get to quickly. The main flap can be secured by Velcro and or studs and with the zippered extension zips down the front meant that even bulky items could be popped in or out with ease.
The bag stayed where I put it whilst walking and to be honest I kept forgetting it was there due to comfort.

A great bimble bag and a steal at the price (£11). Quality of fixtures and fittings seams top notch as does the workmanship to put it together.

Really chuffed with it and think it'll be a companion on many walks for years to come.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Loads more leather - oh! the projects I have in mind! :)

A gimp mask for Aaron at the MOOT maybe? Looking forward to seeing what you make Mr Fenna.

Rob, was thinking of doing a wee thread on lenses sometimes soon. It's one of those subjects that periodically come up as folk are scared to ask what the numbers mean and the technology is coming on all the time.

Wouldn't mind hearing how you get on with the bottle, (like does it make the water nicer when adding it to ones evening whisky?)

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I will be using it for every drop of water i drink as my home tap water tastes like crap, you wouldn't want to pollute your whiskey with my tap water, something has went wrong between kielder reservoir and my home i know that much. Works out better value than buying bottled water by a long shot

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Feuerhand Baby 275 lamp found in a Carmarthen antiques centre for £8
lamp-1.jpg

Presently running on olive oil and a wick made from a piece of old duster,
at least I hope it was an old duster SWMBO doesn't know about it yet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE