What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Mooching in a charity shop five minutes before closing today, found an interesting looking jacket.......Mottled green, extremely well made, "Cross" logo and asking £8, so I took a punt and wore it to walk the dog on the way home.............Monster hailstorm and gale force winds across the Beacon hill and the jacket is great; good well thought out pockets, completely waterproof, and best of all really good pit zips.

Google tells me it's a Swedish made ski jacket and they seem to range from $200 up to about $500..................I think that's a bargain, eh?.

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
A big, rusty, old file that is actually in better condition than I thought (it's still going for knife steel though) for 0.50€. I wish people were more "throwaway" here, instead of using it til it breaks! I missed out on a two-speed hand-drill for 10€ or 8 if I bargained... damnit!

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Swedish Army Snow Parka , rather then the smock , trying something different to the norm , hoping to make a few mods eg.replace buttons with toggles , sew on a ruff maybe sew on some ribbon

dixienormns

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2011
meadowview Va. usa
Book Bushcraft - The Ultimate Guide to Survival in the Wilderness by Richard Graves

Ultimate Survival Fire Stix. Contains 12 all-purpose fire starter tinder sticks

Bushcraft Hypothermia Space Bl
Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Bushcraft BCB Liferaft Fishing Kit.

fm21-76 us army survival manual october 1970

usa army survival manual by cp underwood usmc

usa army water manual

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
Goretex DPM jacket and 58 pattern water bottle.

Also bought a couple of sieves and some wire recently to make a campfire popcorn maker to keep my boy amused by the fire :)

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
goretex dpm great kit.

Couldn't agree more, been meaning to buy one for ages but thought they were a bit pricey. After getting soaked walking the dog on Sunday I just went for it and surprised to find one for £22 in my size. Want it to rain now so I can try it out...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE