What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just been reading Food for free by Mabey. Got the hardback for £10 and the little collins gem version for just under £4. Bargain. Amazon special deal BTW. Looks a very good book/s and I hope I will get to go out and see what I can see with the little book after reading the big one at home. I only got it after spotting it in the bargsains section and having heard it was gd on here.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Ordered a 27" iMac to replace my ageing computer. Luckily work have a scheme whereby you lease it through salary sacrifice saving tax and NI contributions- couldn't afford it otherwise!!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Opted for:
M90 top
Silnylon floor
Side zip - RHS
Standard length
Standard girth plus - I asked for couple of extra inches to ensure plenty of room for my down bag, but smaller than the larger size
Stake loops
Plus I asked John to decrease the amount of netting so that it provides a bit more weather resistance
Quality on this looks to be superb, and the weight inc stuff sack 205g

Ooo, nice. Has it just arrived or have you just ordered it?
I've got one and its the best bivy Ive used.

joe.ford

Forager
Apr 8, 2004
Essex
A pair of Ultrafire C8's 1300 lumens Torch's to attach to my bike.

Far better than expected, good spread almost as good as my friends dedicated cycle light:D.

Only down side, I didn't have enough time to charge the battery's before my night ride. So I used what ever charge they had already.

Halfway round, one gets low on power and starts flashing but the other is still going strong. Until the last section home, it became so dim I could hardly see:lmao:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Today I bought a pair of "Yanes Mountain Pass 78" Snowshoes for my arctic trip in February...

2951149.jpg

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Ooo, nice. Has it just arrived or have you just ordered it?
I've got one and its the best bivy Ive used.

It's just arrived today, birthday recently so it was a gift from my sister. Glad to hear you're happy with yours, can't wait to get out and use mine!

I bought it to replace my dpm goretex bivy which I sold a month or so ago, the Borah one is around 1/4 of the weight and packs down to about 1/2 the size. The plan is to use it inside my new Trailstar or under the Tarp I made recently.

Which options did you go for? I've never had anything that uses M90 before so i'm interest to see how it performs

Matt

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got a bag measuring 82" Girth at shoulders, and 64" girth at foot. Which turned out to be a perfect fit for me. I like to sprawl a bit. I used it last week under my brown trailstar. [I learnt that on a dark night, you can walk 10 feet away from the trailstar and lose sight of it.]
The M90 seems to breathe really well. It was 1'C There was a lot of condensation under the trailstar, but no dampness in the bivy.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I got a bag measuring 82" Girth at shoulders, and 64" girth at foot. Which turned out to be a perfect fit for me. I like to sprawl a bit. I used it last week under my brown trailstar. [I learnt that on a dark night, you can walk 10 feet away from the trailstar and lose sight of it.]
The M90 seems to breathe really well. It was 1'C There was a lot of condensation under the trailstar, but no dampness in the bivy.

Both of you guys should get some pics up of these bags. Been in my favourites a long time but waiting to see one before i commit. I particularly like the sound of the reduced noseeum panel. Pics, we need pics :)

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
6 mini firesteel a from China. At £1.99 for three I figured I'd give it a go, and maybe I'd not loose all of them.
Two sledge hammer handles for a rehandling session.
Some new tools for the forge.

Andy

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Ordered a three wheel pushchair for grand child No2's arrival in 12 weeks :)

Getting a 4 wheeler, full suspension, pneumo tyred pram fir our first kid. Long lead times, upto 6 months for some brands!!!!

Funny how buying a pram still brings out the gear freak tendancies...

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Went into WS surplus supplies Oxford to look at sweaters and response packs. Came out with a yard broom and 1lb claw hammer both at half price £6 for both- well pleased. Noticed that they have a wide range of bushy things but my wife was with me so I didn't buy anything.

spud_23

Forager
May 27, 2010
Leicester
A RAB micro light alpine down jacket, lowa mountain boots in sepia and a beginners climbing course at my local centre :) happy spud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE