What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's just arrived today, birthday recently so it was a gift from my sister. Glad to hear you're happy with yours, can't wait to get out and use mine!

I bought it to replace my dpm goretex bivy which I sold a month or so ago, the Borah one is around 1/4 of the weight and packs down to about 1/2 the size. The plan is to use it inside my new Trailstar or under the Tarp I made recently.

Which options did you go for? I've never had anything that uses M90 before so i'm interest to see how it performs

Matt

I'll be interested to hear what you think, I tried a Ti Goat Ptarmigan but found it too tight, I stuck with my MLD Superlight which has served me well. I've never fancied using the stake loops though, I'm frightened of ripping out a corner in the night, I guess the trick is to move inside rather than with.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
10m of 20mm black grosgrain. The PayPal receipt said delivery is going to take a week, which is a cheek, but I don't really need it before then

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Day 5 here, looking patchy, but manly!

It'll get there Al! I'm fully embracing the tasche this year, last year I couldn't wait to get rid of it. As I'm loving it again I'll try to rock it until the new year. The Bounder wax is good stuff, tempted to grab a handmade blonde buffalo horn moustache comb to top it all off now. Lur dee dur!

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Took delivery of a montane extreme smock (from another member!) and a pair of down boots from the The Feather Company, London (no connection etc)- review coming soon.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
I'll be interested to hear what you think, I tried a Ti Goat Ptarmigan but found it too tight, I stuck with my MLD Superlight which has served me well. I've never fancied using the stake loops though, I'm frightened of ripping out a corner in the night, I guess the trick is to move inside rather than with.

I almost went with a Ti Goat myself, also looked at the MLD superlight but it was a little more than I was looking to spend

Just doing a quick write up of the Borah bivy now...

Matt

Last edited:

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Just been ebaying. I've been meaning to get a Jeweler's magnifying glass for ages so I can really get a good look at my edges I put on things (I've got no issues with my sharpening as I can split hairs with all my knifes). I managed to get a Pocket Jeweler's loupe magnifying glass 30X21MM for only £2.47 inc P&P.

Plus it'll be great for another thing to keep on me when out and about for fire starting being 30x, I haven't started a fire with a magnifying glass since I was a boy, a good 15+ years ago.

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
I picked it up from gbfmilitaria.com
He only had the one and thought it was worth a punt for £30.

Not tried it out yet,but appears to be bombproof,adjustable back,lots of pockets and has removeable aluminium back support similar to British army bergens.

One thing that is puzzling me is what is the purpose of the black metal piece with holes in at the bottom rear?

Cheers,
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE