What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
By all accounts they are pretty effective and bomb proof. The only concern, if I was to use it as a 'recovery' spade, is its short handle (one needs to reach to the centre of the chassis if one has got bellied in the desert :)).

What kind of improvements would you be looking for?

Longer handle being one of them. :)

I have both of the folding spade models. The German and the Austrian i think? I purchased both because I wanted to inspect both mechanisms side by side.

I was thinking , for winter use , a large shovel head that could be wing nut tightened to the main head for moving larger quantities of snow. So would be a large Alu shovel head that could be connected to the main shovel head as and when needed

Other modding design ideas to be , ermm... ironed out. <need rum to ruminate... >

• Haha
Reactions: Broch

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Well not today but the other day i brought a Randy Newberg DTS , or should i say it was a replacement sent from Fiskars due to a failed knife and they really are good to their lifetime warranty , i shall be reviewing the knife , i know the knife is meant for prepping big game deer and a like but i will use on some rabbits and may be on doing some otherl ittle jobs when the health allows as just back out of hospital don't ask .

Ok well i also have a large number of knives coming in from yup TEMU so shall tell you the quality on them to

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Got it on offer but one of htose Jetboil crunchit recycling tools... I've built up a few cans which are "empty" and this tool allows you to knock a hole in it and recycle it.

I'm sure there are other ways... hammer and a nail? But this seems a little more civilised...

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You can get an adapter(I got mine off fleabay) for a couple of quid.Get those "long" butane cannisters,adapter fits into your small cannister,then push down on larger cannister,voila.
I’ve got one of those little brass adaptors, they work really well. These:

A top tip is to put the receiver can in the freezer and the donor can on a radiator before transferring the liquid, gives a good fill.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I’ve got one of those little brass adaptors, they work really well. These:

A top tip is to put the receiver can in the freezer and the donor can on a radiator before transferring the liquid, gives a good fill.

Is there one that goes from screw on cannister to screw on cannister.?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Campingmoon one, with optional extra adaptors from Amazon UK though seems a bit expensive.

1/2 price no brand

Lixada have one branded too "Lixada Gas Saver". But only avail via Amazon US

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE