What crafty things do have on the go?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Just want to ask you guys what craft projects you have on the go at the moment.I always seem to have at lest three unfinished projects on the go at the one time.At the moment I have just started making a primitive fishing spear from a Xanthorrhoea (grass tree)flower spike also carving a kuksa from wood from the garden.Also sketching plans for more knifemaking.So what crafty things do you guys have on the go?

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
I'm building a workshop, have a few blades half made, i've bought some leather for some pouch making, i've nabbed a bit opf birch for a kuksa, and i was thinking of making a stool out of an old scafefold plank i found.

plenty to keep me busy now school's finished:D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've just sat down with a coffee, taking a break from warping up a loom with hand spun linen warp. Plotting how to do a 2:1 twill on a backstrap.
I'm making a pump drill (trying to find the right straight bit of wood for the spindle)
Sewing a linen acheton for Monarch; four layers of linen two of wool, it's hard going.
Sewing a bush shirt as a thank you for friend.
I've got two dye baths on the cooker just now, birch leaves and bog myrtle.....the house smells great:) and yesterdays dyed wools drying on the line.
I've got rose petals tincturing and I've got elderflowers in the dehydrator.
..............and a couple of dozen things that will get finished :eek:

Life's a guddle, fun though :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Im carving my chihuahua. - Not literally carving HER, I mean a model!

Im procrastinating a sheath

I mostly finished a hobo stove 2 days ago but then found a stainless steel pencil tin decorated with holes all over it and Im using that now instead. (2.50 from woolworths)

I finished my peregrine picture this morning. And a water buffallo.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I ma trying work out how to rescue my mates knife making attempt mostly.
Also I am looking into making an oven out of a 5 gallon cooking oil drum.

Apr 27, 2008
Bedfordshire
Im probably not alone when I constantly start other projects on top of unfinished ones!
On the go at the moment I have;
- A kuksa made from beech (proving to be quite hard to carve)
- A Wayland style hobo stove
- A small kukri that’s finished but needs a handle
- A few smaller blades
- A hand full of spoons

All of which has come to grinding halt after the birth of my little girl 4 days ago!

Mike

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Im carving my chihuahua. - Not literally carving HER, I mean a model!

Im procrastinating a sheath

I mostly finished a hobo stove 2 days ago but then found a stainless steel pencil tin decorated with holes all over it and Im using that now instead. (2.50 from woolworths)

I finished my peregrine picture this morning. And a water buffallo.

You know you have to show the peregrine now don´t you?
(and the chihuahua as well)

Cheers,

Tom

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
well, I've got stuff that needs doing in the woods, stuff to make for shows scoming up, stuff for customers, stuff for myself to use (workshop bits) and stuff for students to use. So at present:

two oak benches in the form of planks currently
two oak bridges in the form of trees at the moment
bunch of blades
bunch of spoon hooks
bunch of firesteels
bunch of other tools
wooden sign with new logo on it for my gate
new shelter to demonstrate under
sheaths for finished knives
leather pouch
clay oven

I'm sure there are more things :lol:

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I have nearly all the parts for a new knife, bar the actual blade. Just need to save up my pennies for a SWC Bushy.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Not really a project yet as I meant to get to The Ratbags' during the week to start splitting and carving the staves for our ash bows. As I didn't, we can assume i haven't really started that project! MOD survival knife is still looking at me from the side of the computer, asking me when i will bother to finish her off. I need to get rid of a hunk of metal at the back of the tang and finish the blade so that it looks good as opposed to a scratched up piece of crap! Then fit scales, not sure waht yet though. I could never get rid of her, she served me well during my time in the Forces. I'm still talking about the knife here, not my wife!

I have a few other knives that need doing too, so they need to be gotten on with. There's always a bit of shooting that needs doing, not sure that is a project though! I have the deer hide from Bernie to turn into something as well. I was thinking a pair of over mittens for winter use, with a pair of woolen inners. Not sure that it gets that cold in UK to warrant it, but the hide is very nice indeed.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
luckily iv finnished college for the year so i have a worrying amount of time on my hands :D lol
i have my knife to finnish
1 posable axe to rehandle, but i think iv prety much fixed it with linseed oil
3 sheaths to make! 1 for my knife project and 2 for some seccond hand axes
and most inportant at the moment is to make a small forge to heat treat my knife!
im gona be busy:)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Going to be adapting my bivi bag and fit a zip to it, also a pouch at the head to stop the thermarest riding up out of it.

I've also got an old leather jacket I'm planning to make some bags out of for my fire kit and other bits n bobs

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Four custom flasks almost finished, then I have two pairs of Roman shoes to make, one pair of calagie (Roman sandals). That'll be the back orders complete. Then I need to finish Rancid Badger's canvas tarp, make up twenty flint and steel fire kits, make forty canvas pouches, polish and package ten already made flasks and tankards (all this for the Lanark festival), package and label 50 bear claw necklaces/amulets, make half a dozen Duluth pack clones in different styles, make twenty canvas and linen housewives and a few other smaller projects.

Eric

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Hmm,
well I moved house last week and have a new workshop to sort out and then:

- make Doctor Spoon's pouch
- finish a very special knife I am making for a friend
- finish the merino lining for the Ventile and suede mittens I just finished
- finish the Nessmuk who's blade I made over 6 months ago!
- finish the walking stick which is drying ready for its antler top
- finish umpteen cups/spoons which must be seasoned by now...
- make some stuff for the maker's market

- oh yes, and take the pictures of all of this stuff for my scrapbook/ showing off in this forum.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Four custom flasks almost finished, then I have two pairs of Roman shoes to make, one pair of calagie (Roman sandals). That'll be the back orders complete. Then I need to finish Rancid Badger's canvas tarp, make up twenty flint and steel fire kits, make forty canvas pouches, polish and package ten already made flasks and tankards (all this for the Lanark festival), package and label 50 bear claw necklaces/amulets, make half a dozen Duluth pack clones in different styles, make twenty canvas and linen housewives and a few other smaller projects.

Eric

Looks as though you're having a pretty idle summer, then?

rgds
Ceeg....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE