What crafty things do have on the go?

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Looks as though you're having a pretty idle summer, then?

rgds
Ceeg....

Yup, age is creeping up on me and I'm slowing down a bit. Actually, the foot pedal on my sewing machine blew up on me yesterday. I may have a job finding a replacement though as the machine is quite old. It went bang and there was the sickly sweet smell of a blown capacitor permeating through the house. I opened it up and the little brass wheel that runs up and down the coil (that controls how much leccy gets to the motor) had disintegrated and it shorted out. It's a four pin connection and can I find a replacement? Not yet, and I've been looking and phoning all morning.

Bummer, just when I managed to shake off Mr Procrastination and actually get on with stuff.

Eric

D

Deleted member 4605

• Finish making my first spoon (now I've got a crook knife)
  • Finish off the watch strap for Bert
  • Clean up and publish some videos I made on knots
  • Make another £5 (or rather 50p) sharpening kit (or two)
  • Sharpen up an old axe for my father
  • Make a sheath for my Mora and a mask for the above axe (got the leather, just need the tools)
  • Maybe a hobo stove...
  • Whatever else time allows...

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, you lot are so industrious.

All Im doing is messing up the house

Craft wise Im making some canvas bags for my nesting pots, so they dont rattle.

In fact Ill probably make bags for allsorts of things, colour coded so I can still puzzle whats in them...

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
finishing a knife for SWMBO, can't remember what blade it is but it was a little cheap scandi thing from attleborough, the handle's going to be curly birch, ebony, and something else that i've not yet decided on.
sheath for same.
drop leg possibles pouch, based loosely on the tactical gear used by the SAS circa 1500. bit of a work in progress this, the design's been changed half a dozen times already but i think i'm about getting there. hopefully i'll have it something like finished for the west midlands meet so i can get some input from you lot. the idea is to have something that won't interfere with my rucksack waistbelt that i can put a few bits and bobs in without it looking like i'm about to jump through a window in princes gate! proto-type at the moment really, made from an old carpenters tool belt.
rowan bow, north american style flat bow, first time i've tried this design, in fact first time i've tried any kind of bow making since i was a kid. been working on this for about 2 years now. tillering's slow.
various pouches and things mainly just to use up some old denim.

can't think of anything else off the top of my head but judging by the mess there's bound to be other things.

stuart

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
just finished my leather pouch, didn't have a plan for it, but it'll sit in a draw until i find something:D

also finished the first workbench and started the shelves for my workshop- hard work is the best hangover cure:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE