What Bivi Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
Im looking for a decent Bivibag, I need somthing that is good enough to take to Norway next summer, I want somthing thats easy to use and not too expensive....................any suggestions

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello mate and welcome.

This came up a while back. If you use the 'SEARCH' function in the yellow bar at the yop on the right and search for ;-

Endicott's Modified Dutch Bivi Bag Review

You should find a good review that may well help.

Take care.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
I have a british issue gor-tex bivi bag and it dose me just fine.You can pick them up quite cheaply,have you checked the swap shop or the members classifieds??

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
British army goretex I'd say, they're not the lightest around but bombproof and worth the £30-40 without a doubt.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have had an issue bivvy bag for years, and love it. The only down side to it is its lack of mozzie protection.

As I tend to wild camp a bit, and hate being eaten alive, I bought a Snugpak Stratosphere bivvy tent. My advice with this would be to throw away the heavy steel pegs that it comes with and replace them with lighter ones, either ali or Ti. Once you have doen this, you have a bivvy tent that comes in under a kilogram.

Obviously the Stratosphere is not a bombproof as the issue one, but I find myself reaching for it in preference to my issue one these days.

HTH

Simom

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
British army issue bivvy bag (the olive green ones seem more robust than the camo IMHO). and a small mozzy net to go over your top half.... works like a charm

Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
Calculon, how did you know people call me Nino?

is there a bivvi bag out there that is designed for the civvy market or are they just overpriced, I need one with the zip and a mozzi net would be good as well

Im looking for a decent Bivibag, I need somthing that is good enough to take to Norway next summer, I want somthing thats easy to use and not too expensive....................any suggestions

During the summer in Norway I think your number one concern will be Mosquito protection. Keeping warm and dry (unless you are really on the peaks) will be number two priority.
Personally, depending on the nature of the area you are heading for I would opt for a hammock with a mosquito net. I have used my Hennessy Exped Asym in Norway quite a few times and not been eaten alive at night.
Here in the UK I have a basic British Army issue Gortex bag, which is fine under a tarp. Wouldn't want to live in it for weeks though!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Igot a 2nd hand one off ebay, its a phoenix, hooped bivvi with mozzi, net and hood, made out of gortex, its great, i think it could be worth the effort to try and find one.

Rob

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
If it's next summer,then save a bit and get a good hooped bivi with mossie net.

Look the classifieds I got a good one (Rab make) for £50 used once.

packs to c. a third of the size of a uk or dutch bag and that's with the hoop pole.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE