What are you looking for

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 24, 2015
lincoln
What do bushcrafters need for a weekend. Do you want toilets or are you happy to make your own do you need lots of forest or are you happy with a field surrounded by trees so at least you can find wood to make a few things and keep warm. Let me know your ideas these are serious questions and depending on the answers I would like to help you get fixed up with a regular pitch Talk soon guys I am based very near the centre of Lincoln.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
HI Woodlady, I'm not sure this is an "Out and about" item as you've specified, it's usually case of people telling the rest of us about their day trips rather than encouraging people to come to their land for a day trip, I think I'll move this somewhere else... Please also keep in mind that you're promoting a commercial cause and so it's easy to step outside the rules and have a mod pull the thread or some such, at the moment this is not overly pushy and could be of interest to some of the members so I'm letting it stand.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Good questions, the toilet thing is probably more what YOU mind than us. I don't think the majority of us here are adverse to natural facilities. But obviously that will mean peoples leavings on your land. Perhaps give the option by having a portaloo on site. Even a long drop or composting system.
As for woods personally I'm a woodland fan, but here you've got everything from hill dwellers to field fans to people like me. Ideally a mix of sites i.e a little field a little woodland. Does fresh water run through your potential site? If not plumbing in may be a good idea.
As for firewood will the woodland be coppiced and managed? I'm sure 99% of members here wouldn't like the idea of damaging the wood, I certainly wouldn't.
Perhaps a kind of split system a little like brockwell where there are separate pitches aimed at tent, hammock, tarp and bivvy users. Are you adverse to the building of semi permanent natural shelters or possibly even permanent ones left for people to use? There's a lot to consider

Feb 24, 2015
lincoln
Hello Tony I have read your reply, thank you for saying you would let it stand but actually this was never intended to be commercial it was an offer for guys to follow what they believed in. I had seen a few posts where people were finding it hard to find a place to go I have a site that is not in use and would have leant very well to a fun time for all. I think it would have been kinder if you had asked what my intention was before you posted that I was promoting a commercial site Quite the opposite and might I add what a sad world all I wanted to do was learn some more about the ways of bushcraft

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Fair points, I was just running off the top of my head when previously you'd wanted to sell the woodland and couldn't find people to buy it etc etc.

It's very good of you to offer free camping for anyone that's interested and I'm sure that you'll get many grateful people along and hopefully some feedback that's of use on here.

Billy1

Forager
Dec 31, 2012
Norwich
What do bushcrafters need for a weekend. Do you want toilets or are you happy to make your own do you need lots of forest or are you happy with a field surrounded by trees so at least you can find wood to make a few things and keep warm. Let me know your ideas these are serious questions and depending on the answers I would like to help you get fixed up with a regular pitch Talk soon guys I am based very near the centre of Lincoln.

Hi :) I just posted a thread on here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133354 and somebody said I should talk to you.

As for your questions, toilets would be nice obviously but definitely don't need them. And a forest would also be great, but of course a field surrounded by trees would still be better than nothing.

As I mentioned in my thread above, the main things that I am personally looking for, is somewhere I can have an open fire, build a shelter to sleep in, and cut green wood for making things and carving etc. (not loads of it, and only when dead wood wouldn't be suitable for the task).

Hi, I would be interested in your very kind offer, whether it be a field or woodland, although the later would be better. Just need somewhere to spend a night or two to enjoy the wildlife. A small fire would be good but not essential.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Not too far from Lincoln here but not too much spare time I'm afraid.

I've camped in the middle of London never mind the middle of Lincoln, all I'd be looking for is some peace and quiet. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE