What are those nylon tipis called?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Helsport make some good ones too.

I have the Porsanger 8 -10 for family use in summer, or solo in winter with the stove.

I also have the LavuLight, which wieghs in at about 1kg for backpacking trips that need a tent as opposes to a tarp.

Both top bits of kit, both bought from Tamarack Outdoors - no link to seller, blah blah blah!

Simon

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
I've a Helsport Varanger 4-6 for general camping and a GoLite ShangriLa 3 for carrying. Have looked at a LavuLight as well, but just how many tents does a man need? :0)
Another recommendation for Tamarack too - no links.

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
'Tentipi' in Sweden do some great lightweight tipis, google tentipi to see which is nearest to you. Talked to a German guy who was so pleased with his that he visited the factory in Sunne were they are made.

N

nbroadsman

Some of the guys over on the Song of the paddle forum have been using the cheap nylon Vango Juno 500 tipees recently with success. Plenty of comments over there.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
There are also the tents made by Titanium Goat in Utah:

http://www.titaniumgoat.com/tents.html

They are very light, have good reviews and should also be cheaper than anything comparable that has been shipped from Europe.

I haven't used the Tipi but I own a Titanium Goat stove and it is superb.

Cheers,

Huon

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I bought a Vango Juno 500 from Cotswolds a couple of days ago. It was on sale - only £64.
I put it up in the garden yesterday and it couldn't be easier. The good thing about the Juno (although others may be the same - all I have is the Juno) is that the top has a loop on it so that you can hook it to a tree and not need the central pole at all! Which gives even more room.
Highly recommended.
(Although I've just seen you're in Vancouver, which means buying it from Cotswolds is impractical. Still, I'm sure you can get the Juno in Canada somewhere)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE