Wax cotton canvas coats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
It took the best part of 2.5 days to cut out and sew ... but then I am slow at this sort of thing, as in "Measure twice Cut once... actually I think I will check that again..."
I had already designed cut and proved the pattern on a jacket I made a couple of years back, so that was just sitting ready to be used.

Sounds pretty quick to me mate
I recently decided against buying a jerven bag. It weren't Ideal for my needs and for that sort of money it needs to be perfect

If only I could use a sewing machine eh, bloody tempting to learn :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Recently got a barbour trooper jacket as a technically Christmas present but I'm wearing it all ready. I think it's great, just a good all round coat and I really like it. I think it's fine for all things outdoorsy :).

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
Just re-waxed my Beaufort ready for the winter. I like the style of this jacket but I wish they would design it with a collar that zipped all the way up instead of stopping at the throat. I've slipped some earth cable into the collar as well to make it stand up a bit better. This helps shape it around the neck easier as well. Does anyone know of a jacket in a similar design to the Beaufort which zips up to the top of the collar??

Dave

Recently got a barbour trooper jacket as a technically Christmas present but I'm wearing it all ready. I think it's great, just a good all round coat and I really like it. I think it's fine for all things outdoorsy :).

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Just re-waxed my Beaufort ready for the winter. I like the style of this jacket but I wish they would design it with a collar that zipped all the way up instead of stopping at the throat. I've slipped some earth cable into the collar as well to make it stand up a bit better. This helps shape it around the neck easier as well. Does anyone know of a jacket in a similar design to the Beaufort which zips up to the top of the collar??

Dave

If you really like the jacket a lot and wear it often, source yourself a replacement zip and pay somebody who knows what they're at to stitch it in for you; my brother had somebody do one some years ago, he just had the original zip moved up by that much, as you don't really need the last few inches at the bottom. He spent an hour or two unpicking the zip carefully and had the job done very cheaply as taking the old one out is 80% of the work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE