Wash Kits and Hygiene

My wash kit is very similar to those listed below.

I also carry a folding bowl which I didn't notice listed below, and that also comes in handy for washing pots and other tasks.

I use pine tar soap when out in the woods (SWMBO isn't too keen on the aroma of the bar of soap at home), as it is good for a body / hair wash, creates sufficient lather for shaving, is a natural deodorant, and is reported to be a natural insect repellent.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
All I seam to do is overnighters nowadays so I slap plenty of Mitchum 48 on before hand and carry a tube of biodegradable soap to use before cooking and for the washing up and a pertex towel thats been cut down and hemmed to about 2 foot square (the rest has been used for patches). A hazel twig does me for a tooth brush for such short periods
I am away. Oh I always carry a tube of Mosi-Guard and a fine toothed code (want a horn or bone one but not been to a reenactment fair to look them over and buy one) as well.

ATB

Tom

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I've got two. One for training and one for bushcrafting. Needless to say the bushcrafting one is more luxorious :D
Toothpaste
Toothbrush
Nalgene bottle of Foot Powder
Facial scrub
Nail clippers
Flannel
Towel
Baby wipes
Alcohol Gel
Small tin of vaseline.
All fits into a collapsible water bowl (dog bowl as it has the toggle tie) except the towel and wipes.

Training
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Unbreakable mirror
Razor
Facial scrub (good for clearing off cam cream and shaving with!)
Webtex collapsible water bowl
Alcohol gel
2 flannels, one for washing and one for drying

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've got 2 aswell, and depending on where I'm going I carry either the bare minimum or both.

Bare minimum (normally in my top right smockpocket):
- Toothbrush (small one)
- Toothpaste
- Sterigel
- Microfibre towel (soon to be replaced by a shemagh) -> Not in smock
- Contactlens thingie
- Contacts liquid

Extended, for instance when I go abroad (think: from NL to Moot) - (carried in a small zipped pouch, packed with spare travel clothing in a waterproofbag):
- Toothbrush (double)
- Toothpaste (double)
- Shampoo (mini)
- Showergel (mini)
- Combe
- Aftershave (tester)
- Contactlens thingie (double)
- Contactlensliquid
- Body lotion
- Deoderant

Then this is packed at the bottom of my rucksack. I can leave all my other kit in the rucksack when I'm in a hotel on my way back and just get this one from the zipped bottom of my pack.

If I go out here, I just take the first kit and don't bother with washing 'till I'm home. Normally go out for 2-3 days. Fires are not allowed over here, so I don't get really smelly ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE