Walking stick weapon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Waters

Nomad
Dec 20, 2007
North yorkshire
LOL!
comic_lotr59b.jpg

Thats so funny it had me in stitches

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
46 charges
22 cautions
three bound over to keep the peace
one breach of bail
on the 5th 7 arrested with 'weapons' including knives and a replica throwing star, other knives were found concealed near a fence including an adapted blade implement
on the 7th 14 arrested for going equipped
on the 9th 2 arrested with weapons and three for public order offences (there were 13 arrests that day)
sorry that's all I can find.
No need to be sorry Tadpole
what exactly is a replica shiraken/throwing star.:confused: to put things into perspective I was arrested at gun point with a police helicopter monitoring me for 15mins before the armed response arrived they watched me shoot at 30mt 2 rabbits with what they believed was a rocket launcher surely the AR would have been in constant contact with the helicopter so was there any need to take the heavy handed approach that they did with handguns and sub machine guns drawn and very very confrontational when I was debriefed they told me that they did not want to see me out shooting in that area again even although i have permission to use the land...thats where your taxes go.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Do any of you lot in the UK wish we could have weapons like this? (legally)
Andy >>>>>---------------------------------<>

You can still legally own handguns in certain parts of the UK for sporting purposes, and also carry for personal protection if you have need for them.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Through tighter and tighter nets of laws and regulations, the state does its best to do your thinking for you. Must be good, really, you might hurt yourself, the wolf might catch you if you stray out of your field......The sheep never saw it coming...did they, plenty of grass to eat, the barbed wire round the field and the guard dogs to keep you in... oops, to keep the wolves out! :D

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
But would'nt it be nice to own such weapons over here, just for fun!

I know theres the whole serious side to guns, and projectile weapons in general. That whole respect thing that goes with weapons ownership, common sense. If i was seriously warped i could just as easily tag someone with my archery kit, a gun would probably be more final, but you get my meaning!

Im a kid of the eighties, that whole coldwar era, better dead than red etc. I read all the survival books with the guns and ammo mentality :) I just wish we weren't "watered down"
the way we are in Britain now, that we could have arms etc.

Is that an extreme view?

Andy >>>>>-----------------------------------<>

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Is that an extreme view?

Andy >>>>>-----------------------------------<>
I guess it depends on who you ask. To me, yes.
Guns are tools, they have a natural use. To desire them for anything other than to use as a tool, is not something that sits comfortable with me.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This thread has gone so far off topic it's headed out.

Please refrain from disussing politics on the forum.

Please remember that this forum is considered to be child friendly and is accessible by schools and tertiary education students. We would prefer for it to remain so, and to that end we generally advise that firearms and their images are preferably posted in Fair Game, which may be opened with discretion.

Toddy

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
... this forum is considered to be child friendly and is accessible by schools and tertiary education students. We would prefer for it to remain so, and to that end we generally advise that firearms and their images are preferably posted in Fair Game...

I don't understand how the mention of or a picture of a firearm can be construed as inherently bad.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bad ? no one said *Bad* but it is provocative and off topic. Especially when opened in an educational establishment on a forum that is supposed to be Bushcraft, with a major focus on the UK.

Basically, we have had concerns raised by students that they open the forum in a public place and firearms and hunting / butchery scenes are not considered appropriate.

Do you need any further clarification ?

Toddy

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
Bad ? no one said *Bad* but it is provocative and off topic. Especially when opened in an educational establishment on a forum that is supposed to be Bushcraft, with a major focus on the UK.

Basically, we have had concerns raised by students that they open the forum in a public place and firearms and hunting / butchery scenes are not considered appropriate.

Do you need any further clarification ?

Toddy

It just baffles me that firearms and hunting and butchering game are not considered integral aspects of bushcraft. It would be tough to find an image of our cultural icons like Daniel Boone or Lewis and Clark without a firearm, and they weren't squeamish about "making meat".

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It just baffles me that firearms and hunting and butchering game are not considered integral aspects of bushcraft. It would be tough to find an image of our cultural icons like Daniel Boone or Lewis and Clark without a firearm, and they weren't squeamish about "making meat".

They aren't UK cultural icons, and bushcraft is about making use of ALL natural resources, not focusing on only one particular area.

Want to tell me again about how handguns play an integral role in that ? They don't.

However, that said, they are of interest to some of the members, discussion and images aren't banned, simply posted neatly out of forums where they have in the past proved to be troublesome.

Toddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE