Article: Apology from British Transport Police

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Not sure if many of you remember this article from a while back about the Brigader was arrested by the BTP for have one of those Swiss Credit Card type tools in his bag:- MoD arms expert fumes at ‘farce’ of confiscated toolkit and his letter to The Times.

...... well it appears they have apologised:- Apology for arrested brigadier

......... looks like there may have been one or two red faces :lmao: :p

"The former Royal Engineer was preparing to board a Paris-bound train at Waterloo when an X-ray machine alarm was triggered by the toolkit. He was hauled from the station, placed in a cage in a van and taken to a police station for questioning. Four hours later he was released and cautioned after admitting to possessing an offensive weapon; Mr Foulkes had seen it as something with which to sharpen pencils and cut off luggage labels, and that his wife occasionally used to pluck her eyebrows."

"A shortage of police transport left my arresting officers stranded at Tottenham Court Road, so I hailed a cab and gave them a lift back to Waterloo at my own expense."

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
That's simultaneously hilarious and horrifying! I did like his letter to
the Times - he sounds like a very decent chap. I'd have been livid,
which probably would have made the whole affair last longer and the
outcome would surely have been worse.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE