Tolkein [and Kephart] Inspired Leather patches on BCUSA

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Shall we place a bulk order then gentlemen? I'm happy to offer to recieve and post on from the UK as nominated individual but appreciate I haven't been around here much lately so happy to defer to a more active/recent individual for possible trust reasons.

Any takers?

Just think its worth placing an order now for say 20 units as it will take him a while to make.

I got the impression Skogkniv does not make them to order, rather, as I stated above, he would rather you just joined BCUSA, as an individual, and ordered some from there, as and when they were/are available.

First come, first served basis.

But if you want to send him a PM and ask if he will make some to order its certainly worth a try.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I got the impression Skogkniv does not make them to order, rather, as I stated above, he would rather you just joined BCUSA, as an individual, and ordered some from there, as and when they were/are available.

First come, first served basis.

But if you want to send him a PM and ask if he will make some to order its certainly worth a try.

Yep , already a member with BCUSA since 2009 , I'll place a single order for a large amount and have a word. IF everyone is happy for me to do so? Like I say , I don't post here as often as I used to , don't want to step on any toes...

edit:- I Have dropped Skog a PM with a proposal , happy to forward on reply to anyone else if they wish to step up to organise.

SORRY DAVE:- Just read your post ref Pming Skog.< my bad>

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well, Skogkniv did give ample notice, that he would be selling a batch of these on Wednesday, [Yesterday]

Unfortunately, it was after midnight in the UK when he did, and they all sold out to the members on BCUSA within minutes.

So I think it would be a good idea, for one of our makers to come up with something.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Well, Skogkniv did give ample notice, that he would be selling a batch of these on Wednesday, [Yesterday]

Unfortunately, it was after midnight in the UK when he did, and they all sold out to the members on BCUSA within minutes.

That's how I keep missing out :(

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well, some maker should pounce. good opportunity for them, for a group buy.

anyone up for it?

I suppose we should begin another thread, and get peoples opinions on ideas, and pictures, and which quotes to use from which authors? Tolkein, Kephart etc.

[Or one of our talented leather crafters should do anyway................hint hint]

Last edited:

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I think they are embossed, rather than carved, so it would require getting an embossing plate made up to keep the cost down per patch. But I don't see it being all that difficult once a design is decided upon.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
How would anyone stand with copyright if we had the same design made? Id be quite happy to copy the design and have an embossing plate made and then just make up batches as and when required.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I'm not sure about copyright, bit it would be bad form to blatantly copy the design without the permission of the original designer.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
Yeah I thought it may be a bit dodgy, personally im no good at designing that sort of thing but I'll have a go and see if I can get it made up in the group buy.

SkogKniv

Dec 7, 2008
Way upstate NY
How would anyone stand with copyright if we had the same design made? Id be quite happy to copy the design and have an embossing plate made and then just make up batches as and when required.

I wasn't going to comment in here, but I have to say I was troubled by this comment.

Sorry I can not be on UK time for my sales. However that is no call to straight up copy my design and ideas.

Sad to see this.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
There would be absolutely no need to copy Skogknivs work.

I'd rather someone came up with their own artistic interpretation.

I'll begin a new thread, and see if any makers are interested in designing their own leather patches.

sgtoutback

Nomad
Jun 29, 2010
Near the fundy
Well, some maker should pounce. good opportunity for them, for a group buy.

anyone up for it?

I suppose we should begin another thread, and get peoples opinions on ideas, and pictures, and which quotes to use from which authors? Tolkein, Kephart etc.

[Or one of our talented leather crafters should do anyway................hint hint]

yes please, great idea.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
I wasn't going to comment in here, but I have to say I was troubled by this comment.

Sorry I can not be on UK time for my sales. However that is no call to straight up copy my design and ideas.

Sad to see this.

ive no intention of copying anyones work, I just wondered where anyone stood with copyright. As I said im no good at design but im going to have a go (that's design my own by the way not copy yours ) and see if I can get it made up. if I was ever to copy anything id always ask permission anyway its only polite.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE