Finished - Canvas and leather bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Progress thread is here - http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137341

Bag all finished now. Pretty happy with it.

The side top gussets are now also folding inwards nicely.

The strap needs a bit of a polish, it’s just from another bag I don’t use.

The pictures don’t show it very well, but there is a grab handle incorporated into the lid leather.

There is a hidden pocket under the leather flap. Some of you might notice that the lower piece of the lid is now much larger than on earlier pictures. This was because I could not get the canvas to go into a nice edge.

The poppers are to hold the front pocket flat

Just finishing off a couple of accessories for it, will post up some pictures in the next few days.

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
It all makes sense now as at one stage I thought you were going to leave the canvas flap unhemd!

Nice job and totally unique which is the main thing for me.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Really cool bag... love the hidden pocket as well... clever.

Are you waxing it?
The canvas is waterproof, but full of needle holes now. I will use clear wax polish over the stitching to help give it some more water resistance.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Water bottle pouch finished, just a few more bits to go. But the gout/arthritis in my hands is really bad at the moment, so really need to rest them for a while.

bennymk

Sep 21, 2015
milton keynes
Thats lovely pal, well done on your project.. My pal and i are getting into canvas and leatherwork,i find very therapeutic . What oz leather/canvas did you use,was it brought green or did you buy it green great bit of kit.. Im currently looking for a reputable supplier of canvas, ebay seem to have options but im a bit weary of the quality from their :)

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Thats lovely pal, well done on your project.. My pal and i are getting into canvas and leatherwork,i find very therapeutic . What oz leather/canvas did you use,was it brought green or did you buy it green great bit of kit.. Im currently looking for a reputable supplier of canvas, ebay seem to have options but im a bit weary of the quality from their :)
I will try and find the eBay email for it. It is water proof canvas, not sure of the oz, but it came that colour and they do lots more colours

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE