Titanium Spork?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spork and Titanium Spork

• Have a plastic one

Votes: 101 33.7%
  • Have a titanium one

Votes: 74 24.7%
  • Have Both

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • Sorry, they're in the 'pointless gadget' category for me.

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • KFS sets all the way

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Whats a Sprok??

Votes: 5 1.7%

• Total voters

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Wrenchware.jpg

What sporks wish they could be!
happy0009.gif

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
When I started this thread I was of the opinion that a Ti spork was an extravagance, But know I'm thinking I will get one - Rough up one edge to use with my ferroricium rod and grind a decent edge on one bit as a back up knife, serration or not.......................................................................................................................................................................................................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

gzornenplat

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
Surrey
I wouldn't have thought of getting one if it wasn't for this thread.

I quite like it.

I don't understand why some people have something against titanium, as light as plastic
and as strong as steel. What's the problem with that?

Yes, it's more expensive than a plastic one or a steel one, but everything is relative. If you
earn £100 a week it's expensive, if you earn £100 an hour, it's not.

A ti spork is the same as two pints of lager (no crisps) and lasts a *lot* longer :)

Ian

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Boy - Oh - Boy!

Seeing that gorgeous car took me back to Saturday morning pictures, Flash Gordon, Stingray etc!
happy0054.gif

Actually, I was joking when I posted the Ford, I noticed the name on the tailgate of one in front of me in traffic, made me laugh, I doubt that there's a piece of titanium in the whole car (apart from the Spork in the glove box!).
happy0009.gif

forestwalker

A wooden spoon. Usually birch. Good for cooking and eating, any cutting is done with the usual knife. If someone is evil enough to serve spagetti or other non-spoonable foods I can have a pair of chopsticks ready in 30 seconds. Or eat with my fingers.

forestwalker

For chopsticks there is of course only one choice: http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/8ccd/. Almost as silly as one can get (spring loaded titanium would be one better).

BTW "tactical spork"... When will Cold Steel make a "Spetsnaz Throwing Spork"? Once that is on the market I'll start up my business selling tactical underwear. Early retirement, here I come!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Sporks.JPG

It's not a problem I can give them up anytime I like...

Soup? thats just stew waiting for the meat, veg and dumplings isn't it?

I started making a horn spoon about 15 years back and when I finally get the blank heated up and form the bowl I've a horrible feeling it will end up as a spork.

ATB

Tom

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sporks were trendy in the late 60's and 70's for home buffet parties, mom used them when we had people round for drinks. Anyone remember the equally silly food tray with a fancy grip on the edge and thumb hole? Colour matched with the sporks?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sporks.JPG

It's not a problem I can give them up anytime I like...

Soup? thats just stew waiting for the meat, veg and dumplings isn't it?

I started making a horn spoon about 15 years back and when I finally get the blank heated up and form the bowl I've a horrible feeling it will end up as a spork.

ATB

Tom

Tom, you need help my friend

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Truth be said I'm never so eager that I stick it into the gloop further than the bowl so they ain't anymore difficult to clean than a normal spoon and fit neatly inside a mug, which was the reason for aquiring. For stiring I use a plaki spatula or a stick.

The alpkit one is a brillant chip fork so lives in my bum bag.

The third from the right is extremely light but its literally pointless so is a waste of space, It was nice and shiny in the advert.

The giant LMF I got with the vague intention of using as a serving spoon/fork but I haven't used it yet.

It's cheaper than therapy, just ;-{D)

ATB

Tom

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ahhh its a GIANT LMF..........makes the others look more reasonable then......:D
Where is the hand-carved one - a must for all REAL bushy-boys.....:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE