YOYTi. (Why titanium?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
sorry for going somewhat off-topic, but do you treat (=seal) the coconut shells somehow?! plenty of coconut palms of various varieties over here (and gourd "trees") so shells are easy to come by. however i had several shells leaking on me when used as cups -- i presume when removing the flesh the "waterproof" layer gets removed, too.... (only sealant which comes to my mind is bees wax, but that's as common as hen's teeth around here...)
I oil them with flax, tung or walnut oil - as I do wooden items - more maintenance than Ti I am afraid :)

Reactions: forrestdweller

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
The only Ti kit I have and use is a Ti chopsticks. It is paper light, has good balance and control. It is also supposed to be rust free and most durable. I am happy with it.
It wasn't also insanely expensive unlike Ti sporks I have seen.

Some of the Ti sporks for sale were around 4 - 8 times more expensive than SS sporks, and looked really ugly having rough corners and edges.

Last edited:

Great egret

Apr 17, 2017
Netherlands
I don't like sporks, i find them to short. I have a long spoon and a separate fork. If i prepare adventure food in a bag i can eat that with the spoon. Both are titanium, my cup is also titanium. I like the touch of titanium to my fingers better when its cold. The pan/pot i use is SS, and i use a muurika. Other then boiling water in my titanium cup i cannot see myself using titanium for pans etc.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
I have read many folks don't like sporks. I tried my SS spork eating the grilled chicken wings and rice. It worked quite well. I like sporks.

I have not tried any Ti cups, bowls and pots. If they change taste of drinks and food, then it shall be big No No.

My Ti chopsticks don't change taste of food at all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE