Titanium Spork?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spork and Titanium Spork

• Have a plastic one

Votes: 101 33.7%
  • Have a titanium one

Votes: 74 24.7%
  • Have Both

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • Sorry, they're in the 'pointless gadget' category for me.

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • KFS sets all the way

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Whats a Sprok??

Votes: 5 1.7%

• Total voters

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
never left any of the LMF plastic ones in the pot when cooking (gets used and then back in pocket for brewups and food stealin') and they have all went at the same place. I think its more of a weakspot in the design / choice of plastic rather than user abuse Goatboy imho.

However now I have a Ti one I should have no further problems and because its Ti it should make me lose 5st, be better in bed and my life should improve immeasurably ;) - failing that at least it wont melt :D

Cool Verloc,
Was just an idea as to why they may go in the same place, never busted one, neither have any mates.
They are good though and cheap as chips.
TTFN
Goatboy.

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
I have a plastic one and a folding titanium number!

Both are good for different reasons!

My youngest in fact, would only eat from the plastic one for quite some time!

Drew

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
I think I'll be getting a plastic or titanium light my fire spork soon, I wanted a Case hobo knife but I figure a spork will do the same stuff for about $60 less!

Still Waters

Nomad
Dec 20, 2007
North yorkshire
I have a titanium folding spork that fits in my billy can and hobo stove i use when on solo trips.
However if theres a few of us or its a prolonged stay then i ponce it up a bit and use a cool bag/cutelry set the same as the pic below

BUw3V9gBmkKGrHgoH-CoEjlLlfZ3LBKPMpR.jpg

Folcwigga

Forager
Aug 11, 2009
London
I have a titanium one, and it's ace for eating rations. Doesn't break or bend, is strong enough to be used as a blunt knife if necessary (for meat, potatoes, etc) and is as light as anything.

addbad

Nov 19, 2010
durham
I have i stainless steee foalding mini spork £3 from amazon had it 2 years great little thing nice and small takes no space.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
i use a folding stainless Steele spork , it 's a great wee bit of kit it fit's in my brew kit nicely,
the titanium's yins r too expensive , me thinks

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Had a well known Plastic spork, it broke whilst it was in my bag before I even got to use it!...not good enough IMHO!
Titanium....that's for the ultra lightweight freaks, no need to have something that ultra-strong or ultra-light for cooking.

and it's easy to loose or drop.

I have 2 large 1 t-spoons made by Lexan they've lasted years in all sorts of conditions, and I have no reason to believe they'll last for years more!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
but...if your after a gadget...
I'd love one of these!!
It was an idea that could be added to US army rations to provide an eating utensil, toothbrush, and razor!
THE BATTLESPORK TM
sporkside.jpg

spork.jpg

It never got past design stage as far as I know, but an excellent Idea!
Heres the link:
http://www.combatreform.org/spork.htm

they were also looking for a soap that could be used as toothpaste...which surprisingly does exist!
"Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Castille Soap" aparently is fine to use on teeth and as a normal soap!

Last edited:

Oarsnpaddle

Forager
May 24, 2010
Greater Copenhagen
In my mind, it would need interchangeable tooth brush heads to be of any real use, but even if that was the case, I don't want to brush my teeth with a brush head I have held in my filthy hands

Glydr

Feb 17, 2010
Wirral
I don't see any justification for "forking" out on a titanium spork, I just have a plastic one. In case it breaks on me I have a second plastic one. But I do own a titanium KFS set, £22 that was, absolute ripoff.

Oarsnpaddle

Forager
May 24, 2010
Greater Copenhagen
I like titanium for cutlery and cups. It doesn't get warm as steel or alu does, and it's much more sturdy than plastic. Besides, eating with plastic utensils just won't happen in my camp (yup, I'm usually alone)..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE