Titanium Spork?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spork and Titanium Spork

• Have a plastic one

Votes: 101 33.7%
  • Have a titanium one

Votes: 74 24.7%
  • Have Both

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • Sorry, they're in the 'pointless gadget' category for me.

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • KFS sets all the way

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Whats a Sprok??

Votes: 5 1.7%

• Total voters

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I really need my titanium spork because it saves me so much weight over a spoon and fork.
At least 25 grammes. LOL.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
And I've never really understood the point of a 'spork' ... it's rubbish as a fork and it's rubbish as a spoon ...

... in summary, it's rubbish.. :swordfigh

xxGetImage.aspx

Just like the above but in Titanium.

And I've never really understood the point of a 'spork' ... it's rubbish as a fork and it's rubbish as a spoon ...

... in summary, it's rubbish..

Its fine as a spoon and fine as a fork, its light is don't scratch your pots its springy so you can flick food at your mates, I like it

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, I like mine :D one spork to cook with, stir with, eat my dinner with. Copes with everything from salad and a baked potato to custard :cool:
Easy care, easy clean, the only benefit the lexan one has is that it's warmer in the hand when it's -7 C or the like.......found that out at the New Year Meet :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have broken 2 of the plastic ones - utter waste of space in my book!
I guess that is why they are sold out of buckets - no point in fancy packaging and the sporks protect each other from damage....
When I broke a wooden foon at least I was able to make a usable spoon out of it....

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I have broken 2 of the plastic ones - utter waste of space in my book!
I guess that is why they are sold out of buckets - no point in fancy packaging and the sporks protect each other from damage....
When I broke a wooden foon at least I was able to make a usable spoon out of it....

I'v had mine years? what did you break it on??

steveme

Nov 5, 2008
Leeds
I bought a couple of Snow Peak titanium sporks off eBay - I'd been looking for something better than the plastic spoons you get in MRE's and the Snow Peak sporks have solid handles whereas every other spork I'd seen had a skeleton handle that collects food gunk.

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
a good friend of mine got me a titanium spork for christmas,i used it at middlewood thought it was ace got a fancy little clipon the end to clip it to things just not found antthing to clip it to yet but will use it all the time now, i do have a folding one as well that i carry in my walking sack.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Sorry, they're in the 'pointless gadget' category for me. (you can use that if you do turn this into a poll!)

I carry a wooden spoon and if I need a fork I whittle one on the hoof (2-tines, nothing fancy)

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Sorry, they're in the 'pointless gadget' category for me. (you can use that if you do turn this into a poll!)

I carry a wooden spoon and if I need a fork I whittle one on the hoof (2-tines, nothing fancy)

I often use a pointy stick, but I would agree I dont need it, I dont really need my tarp but now and again a little item can make a nice night :)

Wink

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 4, 2004
Norfolk
I love those Light My Fire sporks, cos they have a proper spoon and a proper fork, unlike the others, and the fork bit has a blunt cutting edge. I had a plastic one that broke a prong in my rucksack (must have got caught on something), so I have replaced it with a titanium one. Non-stick, and used with my titanium mug no probs with scratches! Genius.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE