The women are revolting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I see no reason why survival can't be a feminine issue too.

Neither do I - but this show is about whether men have become less practical over time. If someone wants to make a similar show about women, they just need to source the funding and get on with it.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
ARGGH! This argument drives me nuts.

The reason that we have Woman's Hour on radio 4 is because of the inherent sexism within the media. Take for example (because I have the stats on it), QI. Not including the most recent series (as I haven't run the stats on it), 13% of panel guests have been female. Just over 1 in 10. Yet Women make up 51% of the British population. Oh, and of that 13%, Jo brand accounts for over 30%......

Now you're just being fattist - you should be shamed of yourself:)

As to BR's statement that BG is an actor, then he should get an Oscar for going so deeply into method acting as to climb Everest. sail a RIB across the Atlantic, fly a balloon amongst the highest peaks in the Hymalayas, survive SAS training, break his back in a parachute jump, spend so much time as Chief Scout etc etc!

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Use any phrase you prefer - celebrity perhaps?

Are the Hymalayas religious mountains?

Nah - that range is spelt hymn...

As for BG, it always gives me a chuckle to see armchair experts rubbishing BG. True, he's made a good few bob out of his TV shows, but the very reason he's fronting those shows is that to a large extent he's been there, done that, and got the scars to prove it!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It gives me a chuckle when the dewy eyed hero worshippers think its okay to dress a production assistant up in a bear suit and tell lies about it :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Trample on your radishes, did he, BR:)

Never could understand people thinking that rubbishing someone else's achievements, whether it's BG, RM, Lofty or Jonny Wilkinson, makes them a better person. Guess haters gotta hate.........

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
So its okay for someone who is "not an actor" to fake things and pass them off as real for personal gain then Andy? Of course if its "just entertainment" then he IS an actor - that's what we call people who pretend to do things to entertain others.

"A Scout is to be trusted"

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
So its okay for someone who is "not an actor" to fake things and pass them off as real for personal gain then Andy? Of course if its "just entertainment" then he IS an actor - that's what we call people who pretend to do things to entertain others.

"A Scout is to be trusted"

Guess he must have trampled on your radishes for such bitterness!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm not bitter at all Andy - his achievements in the field of adventuring were great. That does not excuse his subsequent duplicity and dishonesty which stemmed from greed. The man sells fiction for money which does make him, literally, an actor. I have no problems with actors, its just that he self-agrandises and passes his fiction off as fact - that's what makes him a little contemptible.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I see very little fact coming out of BG? He knows exactly where he stands....

Why are you so shocked that what's on TV isn't designed for TV?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'm not bitter at all Andy - his achievements in the field of adventuring were great. That does not excuse his subsequent duplicity and dishonesty which stemmed from greed. The man sells fiction for money which does make him, literally, an actor. I have no problems with actors, its just that he self-agrandises and passes his fiction off as fact - that's what makes him a little contemptible.

I have a feeling that you don't really understand how TV programmes are made! For example, many of the shots in David Attenborough's excellent natural history programmes weren't actually filmed in the wild, but in zoos and marine parks because of the difficulty in getting many shots - is he contemptible too? As I said, haters will hate...............

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
<chuckle> I suspect that David Attenborough didn't have his crew dress up as a bear :lmao:

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings Andy, enjoy the man crush ;)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
So its okay for someone who is "not an actor" to fake things and pass them off as real for personal gain then Andy? Of course if its "just entertainment" then he IS an actor - that's what we call people who pretend to do things to entertain others......

We call them "Professional Wrestlers" over here.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
We call them "Professional Wrestlers" over here.
Hehehe
Diamond dallas page is really tallented as a fitness teacher. He also comes across as having some level of genuine human being wbout him.

http://vimeo.com/41271653
Watch it if you haven't already seen it. The video is of bloke he helped. He also helped house another wrestler that fell on hardtimes.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE