Boy, nine, 24 hours in wild.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The Daily Mail is really not worthy of a thread here! Possibly the worst journalism ever, anywhere. I wouldn't base any assessment of anything remotely important, and certainly not a young boy's survival, on anything written in that God awful rag. Chris

I'm sorry I didn't realise that I'd be stepping on anyones toes by posting a link to a story in the Daily Mail, I have now added a link for the Huffington Post version of the story, just so folks can have a little choice.

:rolleyes:

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
I'm sorry I didn't realise that I'd be stepping on anyones toes by posting a link to a story in the Daily Mail, I have now added a link for the Huffington Post version of the story, just so folks can have a little choice.

:rolleyes:

:lmao: :lmao:

It's just that the Daily Wail is famous for never knowingly printing facts about anything.

They are very good at stirring "middle england" up about immigration and other right wing stuff; but facts, no chance.:rolleyes:

EDIT : A very interesting little sentence in your second link.

"On the show, host and adventurer Bear Grylls strands himself in the wilderness and then shows viewers how to survive the sticky situations."

Hmmmm.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
It's just that the Daily Wail is famous for never knowingly printing facts about anything.
They are very good at stirring "middle england" up about immigration and other right wing stuff; but facts, no chance.:rolleyes:

Yes, quite, well said, devoid of facts, full of many blatant lies! :rant: But sorry for the rant, may have been a little mis-placed :eek: Chris

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Had a thought while wandering in the relative cool of the woods; if the lad had spent his time logged on to BcUK, instead of watching the idiot box, he wouldn't have got lost in the first place.:D

If he had, and it could happen to anyone, he wouldn't have panicked, he'd have got a fire going and had a brew. While he was doing that and blowing his whistle, his dad would have found him.

That story would never have made the papers though.:rolleyes:

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
When all said and done, I am happy the kid survived and did not wander around in total fear. When I think of the little'uns I have met at the moot it sends shivvers down my spine just thinking about one of them wandering off. That kind of fear can do things to your 'head' for years and years. He was back to playing American cricket the next day. BG gave him the assurance that he could survive and he did. At his age I dont think the out come would have been so happy with me.

If the shout went up, being the people we are, if he was lost in local forest or the hills, we would droped what we were doing have combed the place until we found him.

Anybody got his email address? Lets make make him a full member of this site, we could do with a kids only bit.

Sandsnakes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE