The Wide Blue Yonder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Last Summer I went on a cycling/wild camping trip for a couple of weeks.
I intend on doing the same this year since I enjoyed it so much. It was great just being on my own and not slave to what someone else wanted to do/go, and at my own pace (which was rather sedentary).
Last year I went to the west country - mainly Dorset/Somerset/Avon.
Trying to think where to go this year.
Any ideas?
here's my criteria -
Will have to be in the UK.
Not really into ups and downs, so nothing too hilly. Mind you, I can walk up hills OK.
I do like a good view. Love landscapes. So somewhere with a jolly good view.
I like the coast as well. So somewhere with a good coast that I can wild camp along/near.
Since I will be cycling and need to carry as least as possible I want somewhere where the weather will be nice so I don't have to lug around wet/cold weather clothing.
Any ideas?
I'm currently thinking north Wales. Or west coast of Scotland. Both of which blow my no-hills and warm weather requirements out of the water.

Last edited:

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Does it really have to be UK? If you're in Kent, wouldn't be too hard to hop over the Channel and potter round Normandy...

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
One of my brothers has ridden from the North Wales coast to the South Wales coast twice - once on roads and once on tracks with his mountain bike. He reckons both were great trips. Why not try a north to South (downhill all the way!) trip via the West coast?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Between Berwick upon tweed and Edinburgh has some great coast line,and beaches although again rather hilly in places, i cycle round here and camp but i havent combined the two(yet)

deenewcastle

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
One of my favourite places last year was Dumphries and Galloway. As long as you stay fairly near the coast, it shouldn't be too hilly. And once camped up, you could always pop out on the bike to look at some local areas that are :)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i walked the pembrokeshire costal path 186 miles in 5 days (s wales) it was great the area is awsome great views and coast line full of food fish crabs lobster etc you could wild canmp all the way realy if you tuck your self away.

the area is a bit hilly though so i would go north to south but well worth the trip.

i lived at haverfordwest for 5 months and since i moved it feels like a piece of me is missing, give it a go im possitive you would not regret it.

all the best chris..............

ShieldsOnTour

Oct 5, 2009
Edinburgh
I would suggest the Cairngorms. Ok, its a mountain range but by sticking to the glens you can do circuits that will have you out in the middle of nowhere for days and days if you wish. I did 6 days in October last year - did not climb any of the mountains and only met about 4 people.... bliss :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE