The "What is this bug?" thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Action shot...

12May20102.jpg

12May201029.jpg

Just about impossible to id not enough clarity

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
All the details needed to ID it are there, you just need to put the shot into context. It is flying from left to right.

Well you have me stumped lacewing was my best guess ,and i must need glasses because its to fuzzy for me to pick out the details needed to id it

Jason

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well you have me stumped lacewing was my best guess ,and i must need glasses because its to fuzzy for me to pick out the details needed to id it

Jason

It's not that fuzzy, you'll kick yourself when you know. Look at the way the legs are oriented and the area around the mouth. It's a very small, very fast insect. It's a miracle my camera focussed on that and not the fox I had pinged in the background. Look again at the first picture and imagine it flying past you. You'd ID right away.

12May20102.jpg

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
It's not that fuzzy, you'll kick yourself when you know. Look at the way the legs are oriented and the area around the mouth. It's a very small, very fast insect. It's a miracle my camera focussed on that and not the fox I had pinged in the background. Look again at the first picture and imagine it flying past you. You'd ID right away.

12May20102.jpg

Mosquito? .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE