The Ultimate "What is this Fungi?" thread.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not the best picture but you get the drift.
Coral Fungi?
20211225-121151.jpg

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
It could be any one of a number of Earth Stars TBH but based on the colouring I would suggest Sessile Earthstar (Geastrum fimbriatum).

I have to look these up because none of them are edible, to my knowledge, so I don't tend to commit them to memory.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Kind of.
Once you know what they are you'll never confuse them for anything else.

Oh, and I should say, lucky find for you! They're not common. I've never seen one in the wild.

Found in the Grounds of Lanhydrock.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I would say not- it's likely to be blackening polypore or possibly beefsteak fungus (although this is typically more red in colour). Pics of the underside and tree species may help to ID.

Reactions: Sundowner

richos36

Forager
Aug 9, 2010
Nottingham
www.codnor-t-f-c.co.nr
img-0371.jpg
img-0374.jpg
img-0375.jpg
Evening all . I wonder if any one can identify this fungus growing on a conifer stump I chopped the tree down about 12 years ago and its been hidden by a fence I recently (2months ago ) cleared the area and made the stump my wood chopping area went up today and this is what greeted me .

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
They are older specimens in your pic. Have a Google search- you'll see plenty of pics as they are a very common mushroom. I promise you they are sulphur tufts :)

Reactions: richos36

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE