The 'What are you reading at the moment' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Ahhh! But that is not dead which can eternal lie. :)

Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Given all the hype I've just started the Games of Thrones books.

Have also been reading Voxx, by Nicholson Baker, an early 1990s erotic novel that was a surprise best seller at the time. It is intelligent and amusing, as well as erotic.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Given all the hype I've just started the Games of Thrones books.

Have also been reading Voxx, by Nicholson Baker, an early 1990s erotic novel that was a surprise best seller at the time. It is intelligent and amusing, as well as erotic.

Reading erotic books in Pontypool, the day before the Sabbath, you'll be cast out with your filth and insect loving ways... 'tis the mark of evil on ye!!!

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Reading erotic books in Pontypool, the day before the Sabbath, you'll be cast out with your filth and insect loving ways... 'tis the mark of evil on ye!!!

What he says!

Where can I get this Vox ye speak of?

Last edited:

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Oh yes, just one 'x'. How interesting. Oh well.

ISBN 0-140-14047-6

Or you could try Amazon

I'm probably being overly sensitive but I sense some annoyance. When I edited my post I was correcting myself not you :) I Googled Voxx and found Vox. No criticism or correction of your post intended.

Cheers!

Huon

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
No annoyance at all. Sorry if I gave that impression. I was genuinely surprised when I checked and found out I'd spelled the title wrong, as I've had the book for 20 years.

No harm done. :)

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
No annoyance at all. Sorry if I gave that impression. I was genuinely surprised when I checked and found out I'd spelled the title wrong, as I've had the book for 20 years.

No harm done. :)
No problem. I'm glad you hadn't thought I was correcting you.

I find people often read forum posts the wrong way and I tend to over compensate.

Cheers!

Huon

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
Like John, I'm working my way through Wyndham's The Kraken Awakes. According to my Kindle I'm 28% through it and to be honest I'm finding it hard to capture my enthusiasm. Maybe the preliminary part of the story nees to be laid down before the main part of the book starts. Still enjoying it though.

I was halfway through Micheal Crichton's Jurassic park and paused that to start on Kraken.

Terry Pratchett eh? Well there's an author I really can't get into and I have tried too, had a few books of his passed over to me to read and at the risk offeding fans of his here I shall not pass judgement.

if you cannot get pretchett try piers anthony anath

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've got all the Sherlock Holmes stories on my Kindle and am slowly working my way through them, great stuff they are too, not read any for years.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I've got all the Sherlock Holmes stories on my Kindle and am slowly working my way through them, great stuff they are too, not read any for years.

Very good reads. What did you think of the new Sherlock series, with Dominic Cumberbach. I thought it was excellent, old stories updated to modern London.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I enjoyed the new series, well written and made I thought. My step father's father Fred was a close friend of Arthur Conan Doyle and they worked together on psychic research. My step father met Doyle a few times and I've a couple letters and a post card from Doyle to Fred.

Fred was a very keep photographer and exposed a few frauds in his day. His photo collection in now in the British Museum

BARLOW, Fred [Secretary of the Society for the Study of Supernormal Pictures].
Scope: Two volumes of psychic photographs dating from 1870 to 1930.
Access: Access to the originals is restricted. Please apply in writing to the Curators of British Printed Materials, 1801-1914.
Catalogue: [Typescript catalogue], by E.J. Dingwall (c. 1975). * Shelved at Cup.407.a.1a. (not restricted).

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Very good reads. What did you think of the new Sherlock series, with Dominic Cumberbach. I thought it was excellent, old stories updated to modern London.

I Enjoyed the new Sherlock program, but have you also seen "Elementary"? Again a Holmes update set in the United States with Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock and Lucy Liu as Watson. First series has just ended and has been picked up for a second. Bit of a different take on the stories but also very good and well worth a watch.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I Enjoyed the new Sherlock program, but have you also seen "Elementary"? Again a Holmes update set in the United States with Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock and Lucy Liu as Watson. First series has just ended and has been picked up for a second. Bit of a different take on the stories but also very good and well worth a watch.

I must have missed this, do you have a link please.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE