The 'What are you reading at the moment' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Just thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone is reading at the moment.

I'm currently reading "How to be homeless - not helpless" by American Bill Cady. He was homeless for approximately 4 years and during that time really had to learn how to survive in every sense of the word. It's quite an interesting read for what it is.

I also have 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu on my iBooks and I am looking into getting some more ebooks soon.

So what are you reading and what do you recommend?

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
The Art of war, good stuff!

I'm currently reading Skagboys by Irvine Welsh as well as Nicolai Lilin's Free Fall...

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
The white Spider by Hienric Harrer(sp) enthralling isn't enough of a word, just finished Joe Simpsons storms of silence, dark shadows falling, and the beckoning silence. Will read touching the void when done with HH.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Robert Holdstock's 'Mythago wood' sequence. Read them once years ago and didn't really 'get' them, but hugely enjoying them this time. Full of interesting ideas and lots of primal woodland stuff.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
The white Spider by Hienric Harrer(sp) enthralling isn't enough of a word, just finished Joe Simpsons storms of silence, dark shadows falling, and the beckoning silence. Will read touching the void when done with HH.

I love Joe Simpson's books.

Currently reading The Amateurs Mind; Turning Chess Misconceptions Into Chess Mastery by Jeremy Silman

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I love Joe Simpson's books.

Currently reading The Amateurs Mind; Turning Chess Misconceptions Into Chess Mastery by Jeremy Silman

Now that's a book with great reviews. I'll be interested in what you think of it. I've given up competitive chess, but the Chessgames.com forum is the only other forum that I visit apart from this one.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
clan of the cave bear by jean m auel I've just got all the books read em once years ago time to read them again regards dave

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Like John, I'm working my way through Wyndham's The Kraken Awakes. According to my Kindle I'm 28% through it and to be honest I'm finding it hard to capture my enthusiasm. Maybe the preliminary part of the story nees to be laid down before the main part of the book starts. Still enjoying it though.

I was halfway through Micheal Crichton's Jurassic park and paused that to start on Kraken.

Terry Pratchett eh? Well there's an author I really can't get into and I have tried too, had a few books of his passed over to me to read and at the risk offeding fans of his here I shall not pass judgement.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE