The van has been transformed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
And don't forget to inform the necessary authorities of the colour change :lmao:, otherwise they might invalidate your insurance :eek:

you will need to inform the DVLA, you fill in the V5C and state the new colour and send it off, also contact your insurance company to let them know...

Last edited:

baitman

May 20, 2013
Liverpool
a some wind blown leaf litter towards the rear end will give it a little subtle detail, and less garish than full dpm or realtree :cool:

Biker

Hey Dave, really like that colour, like it a lot actually. Done with aerosol cans or was it a proper garage done job? Whatever, I like it. I also like Baitman's suggestion of leaf litter towards the back of the van. Perhaps taking different leaves and using them as stencils and spraying over them in a darker green to leave a lighter silhouette? Might work.

All you need now are some Zombie Response team decals. :lmao: Here's an example:

zombie_outbreak_response_team_1_1.jpg

Since reading this thread the other I've been day dreaming about doing a paint job on my old banger of a car. My bike is already urban camouflaged.

GPz600R.jpg

So I'd already been toying with the idea and I happened to spot just such a paint job on a car in a video on Youtube a couple of weeks ago and got a screen grab of it. No, my car's not a sporty thing like that, just a tired old Rover 218SLD, but it's white and such a camouflage design would be an easy to do over the original colour... plus having such a colour would also make me blend in nicely with the current wintry weather we're having too. :p

Carwithurbancammoflage_zps2c0423f4.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hey Dave, really like that colour, like it a lot actually. Done with aerosol cans or was it a proper garage done job? Whatever, I like it. I also like Baitman's suggestion of leaf litter towards the back of the van. Perhaps taking different leaves and using them as stencils and spraying over them in a darker green to leave a lighter silhouette? Might work.

All you need now are some Zombie Response team decals. :lmao: Here's an example:

Since reading this thread the other I've been day dreaming about doing a paint job on my old banger of a car. My bike is already urban camouflaged.

GPz600R.jpg

So I'd already been toying with the idea and I happened to spot just such a paint job on a car in a video on Youtube a couple of weeks ago and got a screen grab of it. No, my car's not a sporty thing like that, just a tired old Rover 218SLD, but it's white and such a camouflage design would be an easy to do over the original colour... plus having such a colour would also make me blend in nicely with the current wintry weather we're having too. :p

Now Biker, you camouflage your motor bike and possibly wear camo trews. Then wonder why the Volvo driver didn't see you mate. Only kidding it doesn't make a difference with those loons.

Biker

Now Biker, you camouflage your motor bike and possibly wear camo trews. Then wonder why the Volvo driver didn't see you mate. Only kidding it doesn't make a difference with those loons.

Yeah, that was the second thought that crossed my mind. Over here it's requirement to ride with your headlamp on 24/7. Something I must admit to not doing when in the UK.

But the pattern on the bike really only works when the bike's not moving if I've parked it in a town. It really does work too. But just like any camouflage once you start moving its useless. But with the car and that broken pattern shape I could be asking for a smash, it would also attract attention rather then let the car blend in amongst all the others vehicles on the road. Anyway, it's a day dream I had, still think it'd look pretty cool though.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yeah, that was the second thought that crossed my mind. Over here it's requirement to ride with your headlamp on 24/7. Something I must admit to not doing when in the UK.

But the pattern on the bike really only works when the bike's not moving if I've parked it in a town. It really does work too. But just like any camouflage once you start moving its useless. But with the car and that broken pattern shape I could be asking for a smash, it would also attract attention rather then let the car blend in amongst all the others vehicles on the road. Anyway, it's a day dream I had, still think it'd look pretty cool though.

May not work when moving in some ways, but 'flague on the car like that it's similar to the Dazzle camo on old warships, where it confused the enemy as to direction, speed and distance due to altered perception. LINK worth thinking about,

Bike looks cool by the way.

Biker

May not work when moving in some ways, but 'flague on the car like that it's similar to the Dazzle camo on old warships, where it confused the enemy as to direction, speed and distance due to altered perception. LINK worth thinking about,

Bike looks cool by the way.

Point taken about the dazzle cammo on the moving car then. I hadn't considered the option it could be distracting to see which direction the car was traveling. Think I'll keep it bog standard then. :surrender:

I can just imagine the look on the insurance assessor's face if I got into a prang. "Zo, Monsieur camouflaged hees car... deliberately oui?" :nono:

I'd seen that dazzle cammo before, and loved it. It was even used on some planes as well, presumably to make them difficult to see when parked on a runways perhaps. on that subject I saw a documentary years ago that modern jet fighter pilots and ground attack pilots were trained to look out for the shadows under the plane and let loose their missiles at that. So silhouettes of planes were painting on the tarmac which was just as distracting for the attacking aircraft who had to make snap decisions about which target they aimed at in split seconds. Kinda pricey to let loose a missile at a piece of tarmac. This is obviously before the advent of fire and forget self-guiding missiles.

Thanks for the compliments about the bike design, I really like it even 10 years on, it really does get attention... when it's noticed.

Sorry for the :jacked: Dave.

Last edited:

Biker

... Biker that scooter looks real good in urban camo.

Thanks Dean, taking a break from working on it right now. I'm replacing the back brake pads... of course the exhaust pipe is right smack dab in the way. Might go out for a blast later, it's actually sunny out today.

Me too Harvestman, who needs go faster stripes when a paint job like that turns heads. Found that out while out on a slow ride through a city with my mate on his sparkly ZRX1100 his one looked pretty but most people were looking at my bike. He said it was because it was rattling so loudly, I think he was jealous. :lmao:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK

GPz600R.jpg

I like it !!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE