*The* Gift-It-On Thread

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Went to pick my grips up from the post office today,absolutely perfect thanks biker

also my book from the book gift it on thread came too

Thanks

Dave

Y'welcome matey. I was wondering when they'd get there, the pincers got posted late last week from the UK and the book only got sent the other day from France, sometimes they take ages to deliver and other times they arrive surprisingly early, there seems to be no ryhmn or reason. Use 'em well.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
On Offer from johnnythefox

"some of my favourites from the rat packs

a rat pack drinks selection,individual coffee,lemon powder,white tea,vegetable stock and a favourite of which i only have 2 left a hot choclate drink.

its not a lot i havent much left i have been saving it,i ate my last oatmeal block last mounth [i love those] :)
"

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
bumpety bump

on offer

some of my favourites from the rat packs

a rat pack drinks selection,individual coffee,lemon powder,white tea,vegetable stock and a favourite of which i only have 2 left a hot choclate drink.

its not a lot i havent much left i have been saving it,i ate my last oatmeal block last mounth [i love those]

Dave

Biker

I can confirm the permethrin doesn't have a shelf life marked on the bottle - it will keep on mercilessly killing insects until hell freezes over. You can use it on tents, hammocks, tarps, brollies etc.

Hi Mountianm, just to let you know the subsitute* Gift-it-on of 50ft of Paracord arrived safe and sound at Mother's house. Many thanks! ... I just realised I forgot to ask what colour it was. D'oh! Anyway thanks

* Post office got a bit squiffy about handling pesticides and refused to carry it. But you can send a dead uncured snake through the post. Sheesh!

Bumping this up the board a bit.

On Offer from PatrickPebbles

A rat pack drinks selection,individual coffee,lemon powder,white tea,vegetable stock and a favourite of which i only have 2 left a hot choclate drink.

i

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Hi Mountianm, just to let you know the subsitute* Gift-it-on of 50ft of Paracord arrived safe and sound at Mother's house. Many thanks! ... I just realised I forgot to ask what colour it was. D'oh! Anyway thanks

* Post office got a bit squiffy about handling pesticides and refused to carry it. But you can send a dead uncured snake through the post. Sheesh!

Bumping this up the board a bit.

On Offer from PatrickPebbles

A rat pack drinks selection,individual coffee,lemon powder,white tea,vegetable stock and a favourite of which i only have 2 left a hot choclate drink.

i

Cool, guessing you ain't opened it yet then? It's classic dark green. Slipped in some other bit plus some extra for practice.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Let's try and move this on for the weekend.
I'll take the drinks package and I'll offer up a hand made birch bark (I think) box full of home made charcloth that was gifted t me by a member here, but something I have never used.
If I can get to it without a major drama this evening, then I'll get a photo up.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Hi All,

To get it moving again and I enjoy the thread I'll take the drinks - go with the Kelly kettle. Pm with my address follows:

On offer is last of tinder kits comprising 2oz tobacco tin full of char clothm birch bark and some thon hard wood sliver with a large block of black char which take a apark quickly.

Much the same as I did before but with no Ferro rord. Please note no ferro rod but a good fire starting kit all the same. Their selling 2oz tobacco tins on ebay for £3 !!!!!

Don't make me sweat will you :p

May 18, 2011
Scotland
Does anyone know EagleOwl? not had any contact from EagleOwl since he said he would post some bits to me.

Just messaged you mate, I maxed out my internet not long after this and just got it back yesterday, hence no reply.

Also i did send it but with the wrong addy which luckily only existed in my head so it was sent back to the sorting office it came from, which i work at.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
In the absence of Roger coming back, then I'll take the drinks and offer up a hand-made wooden box filled with some charcloth.
Pics up later.

Searched for the box of charcloth and can't find it for the life of me, so up for grabs is one of the waterprrof faux oilskin baccy/tinder pouches with some cotton wool balls and charcloth.

25d0a99c.jpg

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Searched for the box of charcloth and can't find it for the life of me, so up for grabs is one of the waterprrof faux oilskin baccy/tinder pouches with some cotton wool balls and charcloth.

25d0a99c.jpg

Ill take that please :)

and offer a brand new 9 led torch- glow in the dark and light blue

or a plain black 9 led torch

or a folding grill

or a collapsible 10 liter water carrier

or a stainless steel knife, fork and spoon set

can put up pictures later :)

Last edited:

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
can i take the folding grill please? :) and offer an Opinel no8 in used but good condition and a small Jonsson fixed blade mora knife with painted birch handle (will try to get pics or links up later) :)

both blades are carbon steel

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE