*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Choice of colours and size?

Hi apologies, right thanks to the skills of a good friend, offering a Parachord Bracelet, with a whistle fastening! Made to measure so all I need is wrist size!

any takers?

As I am the good friend making this I will answer this one.
- Will be made to users choice of size
- Got green in at the moment but getting some more colours from the bushcraft store so can really make it any colour they have.

Cheers

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

I'll take the sleeping bag liner please and in turn will offer a pocket cooker. Will post a link to a picture in another post.
Will also send PM to LAB72.
Cheers,
Gibbo.

OK, here's a link to youtube. The cooker has been used once only and comes in a pouch. Here's another link to a site that sells them. It's a great little piece of kit but I don't like to blacken my pots!

Gibbo.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
OK, here's a link to youtube. The cooker has been used once only and comes in a pouch. Here's another link to a site that sells them. It's a great little piece of kit but I don't like to blacken my pots!

Gibbo.

I'll take that please! On offer a choice from 3 books:

1 - The zombie survival guide, Max Brookes
2 - The scavengers manifesto, A Rufus & K Lawson
3 - Finding your way without map or compass, Harold Gatty

Last edited:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Ok, what is in the Scavengers manifesto?

51xUpvK9SRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a manifesto and philosophy behind scavenging and a look at the social stigmas associated with scavengers.

1. Pause and Save. Before every transaction, ask: Can I do this/get this/go there more cheaply or for free? Make this a reflex. Scavenging soon becomes second nature.

2. Find your niche. Are you an urban forager? Thrift shopper? Garage saler? Treasure hunter? Coupon clipper? Seed exchanger Bargain hunter? So many new identities to choose: What kind of scavenger are you?
3. Open your mind. Scavenging means learning to be flexible. Spontaneous. Adventurous. Taking what comes means accepting what comes. Never wore a poncho before or listened to Turkish techno music? If that's what you find, that's what you do. Lose the squeamishness and learn.
4. Open your eyes. Scan every surface, every crevice, because lost and cast-off stuff is usually not in plain sight. Honor your ancient ancestors; become a hunter-gatherer. Find other (legal) means of getting stuff besides brand-new, full-price. Make your new keywords "sale," "half off" "discount" and "free." The more you see, the more you save.
5. Repurpose. Found something you think you can't use? Think again. Then turn it into something else. Doors become tabletops. Calendars become giftwrap. Cut-up mouse pads become coasters. Trophies, bolted to walls, become coat-hooks. Be resourceful.
6. Swap, don't shop. Ask friends, family, neighbors or coworkers to trade their unwanted items — clothes, books, tools, seeds, art, anything — for yours. Your trash is my treasure. Your hated crying-clown portrait is my raison d'etre.
7. Free yourself. From not knowing the difference between want and need. From the insistent ache of buy-more-now-again. Just say no.
8. Wait. Instant gratification is not an option for scavengers, as scavenging means pretty much never knowing what you'll get — or how or where or when or even if. But patience is a virtue. Revive the meaning of "worth the wait."
9. Follow the Scavenging Commandments. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not scam. Thou shalt not leave disorder in thy wake. Thou shalt not hoard. Thou shalt stay safe. Thou shalt not bring shame upon fellow scavengers. Thou shalt not go to extremes just to prove a point.
10. Give thanks. Consumer culture is all about getting whatever you want. Flip that dynamic. Scavenging is about wanting whatever you get.

Review
"The eco-minded 'Scavenomics' philosophy that takes 'recycle and reuse' to a new level."
-Chicago Tribune

"Forget haggling. In this economy, scavenging is the new closeout sale."
- Boston Herald

"Practical ideas and tips pop up amid theories about Darwin, economics and fashion industry trends. With its "live-in-the-moment philosophy," and list of do's and don'ts for scavenging, "Manifesto" provides an insightful if roundabout guide to environmentally friendly living."
-Florida Times Union

"With retailers desperate for consumers' money, and consumers increasingly holding onto that money more tightly, paying full price has become about as uncool as wearing mom jeans. In their new book, The Scavengers' Manifesto, Anneli Rufus and Kristan Lawson explain how to live for less by becoming a scavenger, which they define as anyone who collects what other people discard, or, more broadly, people who avoid paying full price for just about everything."
- (web site for US News & World Report)

On offer a choice from 3 books:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Having read that synopsis it's hardly worth reading the book now. Says it all very succinctly. Harsh?

On offer from Mountainm a choice from 3 books:

Edit: Whups too late, it's gone. Waiting on new gift offer from Tank now.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE