That's not a knife... (Very pix heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
So,I got a request for something a bit different from a guy who already has one of my knives - some people never learn!!!!

The brief was, "something for gutting and boning, and a cleaver for breaking up the bigger bits, matching would be nice, oh, and make it pretty!"

So here it is...

cl1.jpg

cl2.jpg

cl3.jpg

cl4.jpg

cl5.jpg

cl6.jpg

cl7.jpg

cl8.jpg

cl9.jpg

cl1_1.jpg

The cleaver is approx 6mm thick, the blade is 230mm long. Both handles are antler, brass, black fibre and burr walnut. The leather seems to have developed some weird spotting, but I don't think it'll detract from the usefulness of the two tools! The engraving and filework I'm sure you'll all recognise, but thanks Trev for your hard work on this monster and its mate!

The whole lot fits together on the leather straps, but if the knife needs to go out on its own, it can be detached and hung from a dangler. I can't think of a reason to take the cleaver out on its own. "Oh, sorry officer, I've been fishing and just forgot I had it," really ain't gonna work with this!

Anyway, its on its way to its new owner later today, so, what do you think?

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Now that's a zombie redeadener if there ever was one! Bit up close and personal for my liking, if I were to meet a zombie of course. I'd choose a machete. :lmao:

Recognised the embellishment of Trev' instantly and I am only now coming to appreciate your skills at knife making mate, and those two really are beauties. Superb work there, well done! :notworthy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Now that is an a superb set. I'm lucky enough to look at most knives and think "meh, I have better". That set those reminds me of what "wow" feeling well thought through knives should evoke. Would make a great camp knife set as well as game prep and food prep.

Very nice!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
cracking pair and I love the sheath too!

Bet he can't wait to go and drop a beast and try those lovelies out. ;)

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Well, thanks a lot, guys, there's some nice words there! I enjoy getting away from the normal knives I produce - if you could call them 'normal' - and this was certainly a bit different. If I do another one I'm either going to have to get a power hammer or train my ex squaddie daughter to use a sledge hammer with a degree of accuracy!

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
That is a seriously nice set there, love the burr walnut on the ends of them both. The filework and engraving also looks fantastic. Lovely work!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a great set there, Bob, I love 'em!..........The knife alone is almost as tasty as the one I have of yours; but not quite!........Good work again,................atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE