TGO Challenge 2012 - My Crossing of Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The weather isn't looking great for them. The weather guy on the beeb said yesterday that its wasnt a day to be walking on the scottish tops!

Hoping they are doing OK, I'm expecting some epic tales of weather when they get back.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Sorry Rich, got to this thread late. However, I'll be ahead of the game...

Welcome back Rich, Hope you had a great time and survived in style :)

Hope the weather was fine and dandy (20* C down south on the coast today, probably not that warm up in kiltland but tbh I hate hiking in heat anyway)

Look forward to your blog later mate.
ATB
Sack

F

Flumpie

"Testing" is definately a fair description, I hope Shewie is enjoying every mile along his trip after so long spent planning :)

Must admit the tales he'll come back with I'd enjoy hearing by the campfire I'm sure.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
That's me just got a text from Rich to say they're done. Well done guys. I can't wait to hear the tales and see the pics :D

TGO.jpg

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I finished my crossing on Thursday lunchtime. It was a solo crossing but I walked with various people from time to time, it's one of the things that makes the TGO challenge so rewarding, and I wasn't expecting that. If their crossing was anything like mine they'll have plenty of stories, particularly that first Sunday when a month's rain fell in one day. Very tough walking, and river crossings were extremely risky. Record numbers were forced to drop out this year, in addition to the day of rain we had snow, hail and sunshine. It was my first crossing but I'll almost certainly do another. A remarkable couple of weeks.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just got back from a week in the States, life should get back to normal again now so I'll get my pics and report up soon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE