TGO Challenge 2012 - My Crossing of Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Lol

Cheers guys, been a great couple of weeks. Trip report will be along soonish hopefully, it's the 112gb of gopro footage that might take a while!

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
I use inov8 rocklite boots with a goretex membrane. They have never leaked and on the one occasion i got into deep water and copped a boot full they dried pretty quick. The rubber is super grippy and it has been very durable considering ive done a fair amount of scrambling in them. Id buy again in a heartbeat.
I use the same boot and the only issue I find, is that if you get water over the top and in the boot, the goretex lining takes an age to drain, to counter this I take a sealskinz sock for camp use in the wet boot and give my feet a chance to dry out and as Shewie says, thin socks for walking in because they dry out quicker while I wear the Skinz. I love the comfort and lightweight of the boot, but would consider a non goretex version for drainage and quicker drying, coupled with sealskinz for camp use. As you say they dry out reasonably quickly, once they've drained. I guess I'm still exploring my footwear combinations and drills, but I won't be going back to a heavy leather boot (except in winter), any time soon.
Just realised I replied to this earlier, doh!
Well done Matt on the TGO, I've been following your progress daily..

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE