Super Noodle Recipes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Whether they are Super Noodles, Blue Dragon, Asda Savers or whatever - those little packets of dried noodles are marvellous things.
So, what's some of your bestest recipes using them?
Here's a simple one:

Bacon and Vegetable Super Noodle Broth
1 packet of bacon Super Noodles
1 handful of dried/frozen mixed veg (which has probably defrosted by the time you get to cook it)
1 lump of chopped chorizo.

Simply fry up the chorizo (dry fry it - there's enough fat in it to start cooking itself), then pour in the water to cook the noodles, and cook the noodles with the veg as per instructions! Voila!

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Now yer talkin, I love noodles that much, a colleague brought his camera in and took some photies of me cooking and eating them, is he a weirdo or what?

I always use the dead cheap Asda ones as the Super noodles became too stodgy for me, I always throw in mushrooms, spring onions, red and green peppers, I add garlic paste, Chinese five spice and some herbs, if theres some chicken over from Sunday I throw in small pieces, if my daughter is around when I'm doin' some she loves a bowl too.

Done this many a time when out fishing on Anglesey.

Where's the smilies?

Mooseman1

Forager
Dec 22, 2008
London UK
Having lived in China for three years i know all there is to know about speedy noodles.
My fav is to dice spring onions/mushrooms and flake left over lamb into the noodles, the stock is nomally chicken and mushroom in flavor before hand. Then i have a pre-made bottle of chillie oil that i shake well and add a few drops to the boiling mix. then serve. In China this is called Langzhou Lao Mien, which is a recipe from the Muslim area of Lang Zhou northern China. Man is it GOOD!

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I'd like to add that I crush my noodles before opening the bag.
icon7.gif

I also throw a bag into a pan of "scouse" after the first sitting, yummy yummy.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Im a big noodle fan to. I eat them all the time. I normally chuck precooked sausages into them and cubes of cheese. Easy but delicious.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Here's a Laksa.
It's not entirely accurate, sort of a field-expedient version, but it still tastes bloody lovely and you can add the coconut milk if you want.

1 packet of prawn flavour noodles (Blue Dragon are best)
some prawns
spring onion
cabbage leaves
chilli flakes

Use slightly more water than the pack says to make the soup base thinner, then cook all the noodles, prawns, cabbage and chilli flakes together and add the chopped spring onion right at the very end. Lovely.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Here is mine;
noodles
miso or chicken stock cube

shedded nettles
Dog rose rosehips deseeded and diced
dried ear fungus

Boil water with miso and ear fungus until it is soft, then add other ingredents. Add gorse flowers just before serving. Looks and tastes like something you get in a posh resturant.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
ooh here's a thread I like!! 12p instant noodles from Aldis, I bin the flavours 'caus they're crap with the exception to the chicken chow mein (even if it still tastes nothing like chicken chow mein). My fave: diced chicken cooked with creme fraiche and wine, noodles cooked and chopped avocado thrown in right at the end. Bit of salt and pepper and... well my mouth is now watering. For camping cooked sausages or bacon with a random oxo cube and the pasta is nice, a kind of weird carbonara I suppose. I've never got cheese to work over a camping stove though, always burns. Downside to ti-mug cooking I guess

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I'd like to add that I crush my noodles before opening the bag.
icon7.gif

I also throw a bag into a pan of "scouse" after the first sitting, yummy yummy.

Noodles in scouce ?? thats blasphemy !!
At most some brown sauce or some "lee an perins" ;)

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Am I being tight or what? Surely a whole packet of 12p noodles each is a feast on its own.
well it does sunday dinner for my kids!!!!

webmuppet

Tenderfoot
We have Super Noodles every Saturday for lunch. Sometimes Sunday too. I'm no chef so it's purely cooked sausages / bacon or frankfurters added before eating on bread. (Our 10 year old is a very picky eater and wont take anything else mixed in..) Maybe I should become more adventurous.. Moveable Feasts camp cooking book recommends Noodles mixed with cup soup amongst other things. Think I'll try that the next time an outdoors opportunity presents its-self..

DSCF0454.jpg

Mmmm

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
We have Super Noodles every Saturday for lunch. Sometimes Sunday too. I'm no chef so it's purely cooked sausages / bacon or frankfurters added before eating on bread. (Our 10 year old is a very picky eater and wont take anything else mixed in..) Maybe I should become more adventurous.. Moveable Feasts camp cooking book recommends Noodles mixed with cup soup amongst other things. Think I'll try that the next time an outdoors opportunity presents its-self..

DSCF0454.jpg

Mmmm

I'm REALLY hungry right now and that looks REALLY nice. Sausages are the best thing in the world and now I want a sausage sarnie with loads of fried onions, a bit of mustard...must stop doing this to myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE