Noodle-tastic!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Just a heads up for anyone interested in noodles!

While they seem to be quite popular with outdoorsy folk, I've never really been a fan of the dried ramen noodles that you usually see in the supermarkets (Pot Noodle, Super Noodle et al).

That was until I discovered this brand of noodles by Maggi called Fusian Noodles. They come with the usual sachet of flavouring (curry flavour is nice!) but I liked that they also come with a little sachet of oil and another sachet of dehydrated veggies.

I just had one for lunch and added some cooked chicken breast to it and thought they were delicious and quite different to the otherwise bland noodles that I've had in the past.

They're on offer at Sainsbury & Morrisons at the mo. Am definitely grabbing a packet to take on my next camping trip.

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Best option is just to visit any chinese supermarket. I've yet to find a brand of asian noodles which the british varieties can in any way compare to. Nissin are great (can be found in tesco etc in foreign foods section), and like you describe, come with many sachets of seasoning oil etc. One of my favourite packs of asian noodles is Indomie's Mi goreng noodles. They're dry noodles, in that you don't have to worry about the right amount of water and risk diluting the flavour. You just boil them, and then drain the water off and mix in the seasonings and oils. Makes for a lovely "sticky" noodle, and cost about 25p each.

IMAG1201.jpg

If you feel like being lazy, an all time favourite is also just to boil up a pack of any kind of noodle, drain the water, put the pot back on the heat and cook in a few tablespoons of pandabrand oyster sauce.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE