Stolen Knife at Wilderness Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Not nice at all. We're trying to figure out if we were with you getting the waterstones on Friday or Saturday but it was definitely around 5. Ms. Swift is reckons she didn't see that one and she was scrutinising the stuff on the stall a lot more closely than I was.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Sorry to hear about this Dave. If caught, taking them to the police station is too much of a let off. I'd smash their hands with a hammer, no messing, end of. They'd never do it again.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
thanks for the kind words folks. Sadly its not the first time its happened to me there. Last year I had one of my miniature knives taken off the stand DURING a demo! Nobody saw it until someone pointed out a newly empty display stand.

Firefly1, if you had only bought it! Mind you, they may well have taken something else in anycase. If they had taken one of the knives I didn't like then it wouldn't be so bad, but I was quite pleased with that one :(

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Have you reported this & given pics to the local police Dave? Who knows who took it, or what it's intended use is! But, if it ends up in police hands, at least they will know the person in possession is also a THIEF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Errm can I ask what the symbolism of the lifejackets is in the posts above. Two reasons, one I don't get it, two it's the same as the picture on my forum name. At this time I would like to say lovely knife but I haven't been down to wilderness gathering since 2008. Sorry some toe rag thieved your blade bud, it is a work of art.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's never good to hear about these occurrences, the chance of recovery is slim but lets hope it finds its way back to its rightful owner somehow.

baldscot

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2011
glasgow
? what life jacket mate ?

May be worth contacting police local to the area, also contacting pawn shops etc with a description. Obviously won't have much impact if the thief (for want of a better word) isn't local to the event.

I would sugest keeping an eye on e-bay but i know they won't allow knives etc - i don't know where else 2nd hand knives can be advertised on the net but if others do, please share so we can keep an eye. You Tube is full of folk showing off their gear, they'd be daft of course to put this up, but you never know.

Sorry this has happened, must leave a very sour taste

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
"Sadly its not the first time its happened to me there. Last year I had one of my miniature knives taken".

"Firefly1, if you had only bought it! Mind you, they may well have taken something else in anycase. If they had taken one of the knives I didn't like then it wouldn't be so bad, but I was quite pleased with that one" :(

i was going to say did this not happen last year also Dave??? a crying shame and as you say a stunning knife which is of course why they stole that very blade....:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

it is very difficult as a maker to sell items with out displaying them, but then you risk this very thing from the lower level of people around, a sad state of affairs it is....

my regards to you Dave, and it always seems to happen to the nice caring people who are willing to help others out too.........:(:(:(:(:(

chris.

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
That'll be yet another person looking out for it for you Dave. If you find it and the C*#T that stole it let me know as me and my 1% Bros are always after someone for target practice :AR15firin and a quick drag behind a high powered velocopeed. Fuggin Scroats make me sick.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
realistically it'll be worth waiting a few weeks/months for this one to surface in the sales. Checking ebay.com would be worth while too.

I'd suggest investing in some perspex knife cabinets mate, it's not fair to have to shell out to stop thefts but clearly it's a must.

And for those stupidly assuming anyone into 'bushcraft' is above career crime or opportunistic thefts is naive at best! not everyone can afford fancy knives, and I'm sure there are plenty of opportunist theives at the meet ups when given the right circumstances would stoop to stealing a beautiful knife!

It's a shame this happened and a sad reminder that degenerates are all around us, even at idealistic family gatherings!

Keep on forging though dude! you make some incredible stuff that any decent person would be happy to buy! :)

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I doubt it is a real bushcrafter (the "no true scotsman" gambit nothwithstanding) who took it, most likely an opportunist who knew that such things would be available at such an event, and who is looking to dispose of it on Ebay

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE