Stolen Knife at Wilderness Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Thank you ladies and gentleman, overnight there has been donations to come to a total of £73.00 towards the cost of this knife. We all know it is not about the money but about the low life scum that just help themselves to your own hard earned stuff but well done for all those that wanted to ease the burden. I'll keep this open for the next 9 days or unless we reach the full value of the knife first and then will send the money over to Dave on your behalf. I am so pleased that you all rose to the request, it shows that people do care and are willing to put themselves out, and if you cannot afford a couple of quid then don't worry about it at all it is a gesture of kindness that is all. well done again guys and if anyone has any concerns about what we are doing then simply do not send anything or call me direct if you wish to discuss 07843064114

Thanks for setting that up Jason, what a great thought and so good too see that the community is pulling together. Contribution sent.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Sorry to hear about the loss dave

it might be an idea to offer an amnesty drop off location or something similar in the hope the thieving t%*t realises it's going to be difficult to move on

regards
max

Sadly I have to report the theft of a knife from my stall at the Wilderness Gathering. I know it's the risk you run when you have thingss out on a table where people can pick them up to look, but that's not the point. Faith in human nature should be more important than suspicion and paranoia. The Gathering and other similar shows are a get together of members of a very friendly community and the thought that a member of that community could stab you in the back and steal from you is sickening.

I'm posting this thread, not because I expect to get the knife back, but because I hope that the filthy little scrotal excretion that stole it will read it and realise that they are being watched. Hopefully those people will be detered from attending our friendly little events and anybody thinking of following in their footsteps will think twice before stealing from people who are potentially very dangerous people to be caught stealing from! :stretcher:

So on this occasion. This knife (on sale for £200, but that's not the point, more that it was several days of my life that are gone forever) was taken at some point on saturday afternoon, after my blade making demo. There were always at least a dozen people with me and so we all feel violated to some degree. I noticed it was missing when I packed up for the evening (about 7:30pm) and found a sheath that had no knife.

d1.jpg

d1spine.jpg

6" blade is my usual forged finish (with dog logo)
10 1/2" overall length
Handle is Oak, copper and leather with a copper guard.
the sheath above is still with me.

It is TOTALLY UNIQUE, as with most of my knives there is nothing even similar to this knife out there. So if you think you see one that looks like it, then it is likely the one! If you do come across it, would you kindly call the police and let me know where it is please. I hope that who ever has taken it is nursing a missing testical from where they put it in their pocket. Thieving little :censored:

So remember, there are nasty people out there and if this theft applies to you: You are being looked out for! This post if being circulated on various forums, facebook, twitter, my website, and anybody who cares to share can do the same. That is an awful lot of people looking for you and the bushcraft community ain't that big :AR15firin

To the rest of you wonderful people, thanks for you kind support when this was discovered and I know a few have said they felt bad for not spotting them at the time. These things happen, but if I have to put everything in a big case to stop the little scrotes then maybe I will have to :(

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lololol! superb!

sorry guys i've been a bit out of the loop this last week....(eg its now 4.42 and i'm now going to bed for 3 hours or so only to have lil' man jump on my head wanting to play thomas tank)....

4500 views....what amazing support....and i'll be making a donation too as soon as i've some spare funds in me paypal...

bear with me, things a tad mad at mo!

a

(beware of da cat....hes out there lurking....and probably doing strange things.....)

'Buddlyness' copyright da Cat 2012.
This cat will get his. What goes around comes around.

Oct 3, 2006
Bedfordshire
Hello all... just a quick note to update you all on progress, apologies I could not do it sooner but hazard off the job I am afraid... many days out in the woods... we are up to £130.64 so well done all and thank you once again for showing Dave your support. I see the comment about moving the thread to make sure as many see as possible... to be honest all of that is beyond me so if anyone can do anything they see fit then fair enough go for it... I'm just good at stick rubbing that's all... thank you once again

Oct 3, 2006
Bedfordshire
Ha... would you believe it... I've just found out that whilst I was away in the woods teaching someone came into our store in Bedford who had heard about this fund and donated £10 in cash as he really believed what you were all doing was wonderful... how beautiful is that...

Oct 3, 2006
Bedfordshire
Hi all... my apologies I have just realised that I am out all weekend and then I head off to the sahara early next week and so have stack loads to prep, therefore I am going to close this tomorrow (a day early) so I can get the transaction over to Dave... I'll close it at 16:00 tomorrow

Oct 3, 2006
Bedfordshire
:present:

OK Guys, as promised I have now closed the gifting down, you have collected for Dave a grand total of £146.78 towards the cost of the knife that was stolen. Once again what a wonderful gesture you have all made, Dave- I have sent you an email direct to see how would be best to get this over to you. I hope that you see that this is a middle finger up to the little scroat that took the knife, and to all the other thieving gits who just think it is acceptable to help themselves to your own hard earned items, whether you have produced something, selling something or have bought it.

Thank you guys, well done, and to you Dave... all the best, keep up the beautiful work you do, I hope to catch up with you at the next show n toast a beer to all those that have donated and sent well wishes. Hopefully you will get my email within the next day or so as I know that you are out a lot. If you reply after Weds I am afraid I'll be in the sahara for a couple of weeks running a course but I'd like to get the money over to you before then.

Regards
Jason

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hope to see a picture of Dave cash in hand sporting a middle finger bird to the waste of carbon that stole it.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I've been away teaching for the last week or so, so have been missing the evolution of this thread. I really can't believe you lot!

Thank you all :grouphug:

Jason has emailed me and I've sent him my details for the money. The monetary loss of the theft was never really the reason for spreading the word. I put it out there to make the community aware of the few that spoil things and the thieving b'ggers to know that the rest of us won't settle for it :cop:

When life settles down again for me (still mad season for a few weeks yet) I've a little something to offer the forum as a thankyou. A little colaboration piece from mad daveand myself

Once again, thank you all. I'm moved beyond words :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE