Stolen Knife at Wilderness Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 3, 2006
Bedfordshire
Thank you ladies and gentleman, overnight there has been donations to come to a total of £73.00 towards the cost of this knife. We all know it is not about the money but about the low life scum that just help themselves to your own hard earned stuff but well done for all those that wanted to ease the burden. I'll keep this open for the next 9 days or unless we reach the full value of the knife first and then will send the money over to Dave on your behalf. I am so pleased that you all rose to the request, it shows that people do care and are willing to put themselves out, and if you cannot afford a couple of quid then don't worry about it at all it is a gesture of kindness that is all. well done again guys and if anyone has any concerns about what we are doing then simply do not send anything or call me direct if you wish to discuss 07843064114

jonah.

Aug 24, 2012
Wolverhampton
i've been thinking about joining for a while.
after seeing this thread and the "community" reaction to it, good enough for me.
small donation made.

durhammaker

Feb 1, 2008
durham.
I ve had stuff stollen at both Bushcraft shows but the wilderness gathering was great for me, nothing went , think it will be one bad egg to spoil it foreveryone else, hope the knife turns up too.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Hi Jason,

Thanks for supporting Dave in this way - a lil' bit o' dosh sent your way.

Dave has done much in the way of making bits for me and providing the blades that I enjoy so much.

cheers

Kawasemi

bwildered

Aug 23, 2012
Finnish Lapland
tinyurl.com
Great idea, Jason. Token donation made for the following reasons:
1) I hate thieves.
2) I love the knife.
3) Hopefully Dave's belief in the human kind will somehow get balanced with this thread.
and most of all....
4) I'd like to think the donation is a small amount of pounds per square inch added to the kick in the newts that the thieveing beggar obviously is in need of! :buttkick: :nutkick:

If I knew #4 is coming up, I'd have donated the full cost...

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Same happened to Larch from lakeland bushcraft at his stall last years middlewood meeting. Saddens me.

It also makes everyone who visited the stall feel uneasy as they might think people think they stole it.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi guys,
I dont no Dave Iv not had the pleasure of meeting him, but I do appreciate great craftsmanship and more importantly I HATE thieving scroats!!!
I hope karma catches up with them and leaves them on heap on the floor!!
Donation sent!!!
All the best
Steve

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
I`ve never met dave either, but I know how crappy it is when somebody confuses your property with that of himself. I`ve made a donation too.

Darkside

Forager
Nov 2, 2009
Aldershot, UK
I was gutted to see that this had happened - beautiful work Dave, hopefully any funds raised will restore your faith in the Buschcraft community.

Jason as a suggestion might it be worth starting a new thread for the donations so that others that may have already read this thread before you made this generous offer will see it too.

Funds sent.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
This thread just go,s to show how much the bushcraft practitioners feel about are pass time and appreciate good craftsmanship. I.m proud to be able to contribute to this just great to be able to give something back as I have gained so much myself from this site. happy to give a little back pp done all the best to both Dave and Jason

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Dave what goes around comes around so no doubt the rotten little so and so will find drinking coffee at A&E waiting to be sewn back together a perfect opportunity to reflect on past misdeeds.

Its a very distinctive knife so hopefully may its way back to you at some point.

I had a couple of my carvings walk the other day. Its not nice.

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
Apologies if this has been mentioned already - my email address was taken on the gate - was this the case for everybody? If so, a quick round robin email explaining the situation might tug at someone's conscience?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE