Spare a thought.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Gent's and Lady's,

Thank you for your kind words Andy would be happy to know that you fine people thought so much of him.

I have the details of the funeral if any of you would like to attend.

The funeral takes place here at 11:30 on Friday 23Rd March.

There is a wake which will be here after the funeral roughly about 12:30.

Sue has said that if anyone wants to attend the funeral, they are most welcome to come in their Bushcraft clobber as that is what Andy would have wanted.

Also if anyone is wanting to make a donation please PM me for details (as all donations raised will go to Sue and Josh)

Once again I would like to thank you all for your kind words at this difficult time.

ATB

Lee

Thanks for oraganising this Lee,

I'll see prople at the Funeral

Martin

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just a reminder:

Gent's and Lady's,

Thank you for your kind words Andy would be happy to know that you fine people thought so much of him.

I have the details of the funeral if any of you would like to attend.

The funeral takes place here at 11:30 on Friday 23Rd March.

There is a wake which will be here after the funeral roughly about 12:30.Sue has said that if anyone wants to attend the funeral, they are most welcome to come in their Bushcraft clobber as that is what Andy would have wanted.

Also if anyone is wanting to make a donation please PM me for details (as all donations raised will go to Sue and Josh)

Once again I would like to thank you all for your kind words at this difficult time.

ATB

Lee

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I'm saddened to hear this.

I only knew Andy through posts on here and would love to have met him.

I can see Andy was highly regarded by folk on here. Is there any chance folk could share their favourite moments and memories of Andy?

Reminiscing about a pal that has passed away will certainly bring a laugh and a tear, and the memories will always be on the web for everyone to see what he was like.

Sincerest condolences to his nearest and dearest.

Liam

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Unfortunately I will be unable to attend as I am on course in Dorset and do not finish till the afternoon. Please give my condolences to Sue and the family.

He will certainly be in my thoughts over the weekend and and has been over this period.

He had a reputation of bad weather prediction and having a problem about hanging a hammock :) Twang Twang

He had a great sense of humour and was a salt of the earth kind of guy.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Hey Liam,

He actually was much like yourself brother, well, apart from better looking, funny and worth listening to.....

I remember he volunteered for empty hand skills and all that fall capers with Neil (nolightweight),(big chappie) and took it all in good humour..
Mind you, I think we were all ******...

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I can't make it myself but I'll be raising yet another Hobgoblin in the woods at RC tonight in his memory...seems fitting as that's where I first met him.

Andy was always up for a laugh and always made for great company around the fire. I know he was really looking forward to taking his son camping on a regular basis starting this year. The last two weeks I've had Journey 'Don't stop believing' in my head. Not because I like the song, but because Andy was always on about it in a joke I'll refrain from posting here. Funny guy and that song being my new earworm has brought a lot of smiles to my face the last couple weeks.

In my mind it says a lot about somebody's character when they can bring a smile to your face in sad times like this. Rest in peace Andy, I'm sure you'll be joining us around the fire tonight...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Unfortunately I'll not make it either. I've got an alarm set and I'll be there in spirit.

I dare say a Hob Goblin might make the rounds round the fire (There's a free Hob Goblin app too).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE