RIP Mike Smith.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
It is with a heavy heart that I say Mike passed this morning, friend and bushcraft buddy. Mike had a great sense of humour and a great knowledge of the outdoors.
I met Mike 13 years ago through the Suffolk Bushcraft group, and we soon became friends.
Although he wasn't active on BcUK, some of you may have known him from various meets and shows.
My thoughts go out to his wife and family.
He will be sorely missed.
Rest easy bud.
335601690_1054848422137636_3499737991266288884_n.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
A tragic loss, my condolences go to his family.

I had the pleasure of camping with Mike on a few occasions, most recently just a couple of weeks ago and it was great to share a few laughs with him. Mike was a source of inspiration for many of us too and I always enjoyed speaking with him about his long distance hikes and the plans that he was pursuing for upcoming adventures.

I was out camping with a few fellas this weekend and Mike was prominent in our minds. We took the opportunity to tap a silver birch and used the sap to raise a toast to Mike. May he rest in piece.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE