Southampton/Sussex Meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
The only thing that worries me is how three of us with all our kit will get in his car :eek: its not as if we can say to the little one get in the back, he will be driving :yikes:

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Adi Fiddler said:
The only thing that worries me is how three of us with all our kit will get in his car :eek: its not as if we can say to the little one get in the back, he will be driving :yikes:

LOL LOL LOL you'd be surprised what you can get in a ruby red slipper err I mean car.

And Jon shhhhhhh don't tell'em lol

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
And I forgot to ask ..... is it ok to bring the co-pilot and the pup?

They're both well behaved ..... usually ...... until she finds out I wrote this .......

Paganwolf,

I'd love to have a go at dressing your bunnies
Do they prefer a nice little summer number? Chiffon perhaps?

Sorry...........

I would like to have a go at it really, I've only ever done fish before.

And they prefere ball gowns.

SORRY.....
I'm trying to be serious but the wine keeps making me say things.

So if the offer is still open I'd like to to shown how to do it properly, and my new knife needs to be christened.

Cheers
(hic)
Platypus

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Be great if you can get down JP, feels like I haven't seen you for ages!!!

I'm bringing Rascusderotti with me (Neil to his friends) so that'll help keep the parking down.

Wayne, can I pull my 4x4 onto site as I'll have my forestry gear with me? If not can I bring it on to drop stuff off and then go park it?

Also, if I get chance I'll try and nip up and bag a couple of squirrels for your bbq and I'm sure JP will happily show you lot who are interested how to dress them while I'm felling :)

See you all after Christmas!

Bam. :D

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi mate.

Sadly the track isn't wide enough to get a vechicle down. there will be plenty of happy campers to help lug your kit for you though.

i still can't beleive some many people want to come and camp. in the beginning of January.:You_Rock_

bambodoggy said:
Be great if you can get down JP, feels like I haven't seen you for ages!!!

I'm bringing Rascusderotti with me (Neil to his friends) so that'll help keep the parking down.

Wayne, can I pull my 4x4 onto site as I'll have my forestry gear with me? If not can I bring it on to drop stuff off and then go park it?

Also, if I get chance I'll try and nip up and bag a couple of squirrels for your bbq and I'm sure JP will happily show you lot who are interested how to dress them while I'm felling :)

See you all after Christmas!

Bam. :D

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Hi all that are going to Waynes meet on the 6th. I promised Wayne I would write a weather report for the three days of the meet.

It is a bit early at this time for a forecast as in the weather world the 6th is still in FI (Fantasy Island) charts. We only really take notice of the charts out to 180 hours and the 6th is 210 hours out so things could change quite drastically between now and then.

So bearing that in mind at the moment the charts are suggesting that we are in for a cold spell. Thursday the 5th we see a Scandi high build and a Greenland low deepen starting to pull the polar continental airmass across the country from the northeast. This sort of set up can last for days on sometimes for weeks.

The charts are suggesting that from Thursday through to the Friday the 13th the north easterly winds will depress temperatures to near 0°C during the day and dropping to -4°C and below at the coldest part of the day, at this time of year around 8/9am. The charts are also suggesting that there will be widespread precipitation across the whole country this is likely to be in the form of snow for many areas.

As I have said this is still a long way off at the moment and it is very likely to change as time goes on but the charts are suggesting we could be in for a very exciting weekend :morpheus:

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
I think that is down to you to decide. I don’t know how warm or cold you sleep and I don’t know of your experience with hammocks.

I used mine in -8°C recently and feel that was the limit for me with the sleeping bag and other equipment I was using but that was with out snow.

I would be inclined to say bivvys at this time due to the risk of snow but we need to see what the weather charts say as the date gets closer.

I will say that the warmest option would be lean to debris shelter or as there are a few of us going we could through up a couple of group shelters each built around a central fire.

T

TimB

Sounds like a challenging weekend, looking forward to it even more :)

I stayed out in a bivi last weekend when it dipped to -5, it wasn't too bad. I recently had my RAB bag cleaned so it was about as warm as it could ever be.

Does anyone want me to bring a brace of Phesants down? I'm beating this saturday so they will have had a week of hanging time. I usually just fillet out the breast, but if someone wants to prep it I'm sure that they will stew well...

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi.

Thanks Adi for the weather warning.

I just spent the last few days at the site. Where we will be camping. It was a tad chilly. My friend was cold in his 3 season Mountain Equipment bag. Although i was toasty in my Rab bag. i let him use my bag last night ans he was fine.

We did use a serious amount of wood over the few days we were there. A mixture of fallen Ash and Oak.

I have been asked about the water situation on site. Currently there is no running water. Therefore I shall be bringing several jerry cans.

Timb a brace of pheasants would be a handy addition to the food pot.:)

I have selected the area of my site to be cleared and am hoping you highly skilled bushcrafters will have lots of novel ideas to help me make the site a real home from home.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Wayne said:
Hi.

Thanks Adi for the weather warning.

I just spent the last few days at the site. Where we will be camping. It was a tad chilly. My friend was cold in his 3 season Mountain Equipment bag. Although i was toasty in my Rab bag. i let him use my bag last night ans he was fine.

We did use a serious amount of wood over the few days we were there. A mixture of fallen Ash and Oak.

I have been asked about the water situation on site. Currently there is no running water. Therefore I shall be bringing several jerry cans.

Timb a brace of pheasants would be a handy addition to the food pot.:)

I have selected the area of my site to be cleared and am hoping you highly skilled bushcrafters will have lots of novel ideas to help me the site a real home from home.

Looking forward to it Wayne, should be a lot of fun and good to meet everyone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE